gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 06:07:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  strange!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: strange!!!  (Read 1293 times)

cinsel

strange!!!
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:19:44 pm »
Oke my winmx is runnig, everything is oke. I`m downloading en others can upload from me.

But for 2 days now I lose my connection when my comp is going on his screenseaver. Aswel as primary and the secondary connection.  And thats not funny when your downloading a concert!! Is there anyone who have the same problem. Any suggestions. Why is this happening??

greetz

cinsel

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
strange!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 10:08:27 pm »
I am not sure Cinsel,
There are power managment settings you can make adjustments to in the control panel under 'Power Options'.. however in looking at this I didnt find anything that would really kill your connection while the screen saver mode was engaged.

Have you tried setting your screen saver to 'Not come on' in order to test if its that actually causing or if something else may be making the connections drop?

Offline itsbry

• Forum Member
strange!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 02:40:07 pm »
Hey folks, I am getting the same problem with screen saver... I don't exactly lose connection per se, but the upload queue is non existant when I get the computer's attention. It grows quickly however when I get back...

I am using the Boinc! program from Berkeley... Seti@Home never caused an issue before...

I did switch screen savers at about the same time that we all were making adjustments to WinMX, so I can't be sure what's going on.

I have made sure that the Boinc! screen saver is as unintrusive as I can.
I am running WinXP SP2 on a P3 1.8 Gig cpu with 1 gig of Ram.
I am on cable, running WinMX 3.54, primary.
I use PeerGuardian 2 and Leech Hammer with WinXP firewall, no router.
Primary User
Win XP Pro SP2
Comcast Cable Modem
WinMX v3.54 beta
MX Monitor

Anonymous

strange!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 03:37:03 am »
Regarding the SETI program I think the issue is caused by the amount of CPU resources it consumes which can have the effect of overriding WinMX's need for resources; in other words CPU priority issues.

Try increasing the "Main Thread Priority" (WinMX > Settings > Misellaneous) and "Search Thread Priority" (WinMX > Settings > WinMX Peer Network), and/or check SETI to see if there are options there to allow you to set its CPU priority level lower (IDLE would be best).

Offline itsbry

• Forum Member
strange!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:17:18 pm »
10 4 thanks... let ya know how it turns out...
Primary User
Win XP Pro SP2
Comcast Cable Modem
WinMX v3.54 beta
MX Monitor

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
Firewalls
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 11:55:34 pm »
Some firewalls have a feature to block all internet traffic to the computer after you've been away for a while (or when the screensaver goes on)
if you're using a firewall, make sure this option isn't enabled, or it will just keep annoying you whenever you leave your computer on to download something big

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  strange!!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx