gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 01:01:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New screenshot
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New screenshot  (Read 7781 times)

New screenshot
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:45:05 pm »
Hi guys,

I've been given the below screenshot.

It shows part of the setup process.

If you are fluent in one of these languages and are able to contribute some time to setting up these language files, your help would be most appreciated.
If you can help, could you please email me through the site - silicon_toad2000 at winmxworld dot com.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: New screenshot
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »
o.O

i assume by 'canada' they mean the quebec region? (that really needs to be made clear since there will be a lot of english speaking canadians that will be very confused by this)

it should have the language, written in that countries language, next to the flag... not the country name written in english... but in any case this is a good step forward...

next step... unicode... (in a future version that is)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:14 pm »
it should have the language, written in that countries language, next to the flag... not the country name written in english... but in any case this is a good step forward...

This will be the case when I can find a location that shows me all the countries names in their native language, and tbh the langauge flags that are going to deliver the same basic language script are really placeholders for when we want to add in new countries that are currently not catered for, the initial choice of languages is based on whats in the winmx langauge folder in the archive.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:48:55 pm »
http://www.wikipedia.org/  the intro page... several languages are listed in their own language...  if it doesnt have one that the translation folder does then thats one heck of a goof...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:55:36 pm »
Eventually I will like to see an option to create a small profile that list ones native language, and other languages that person knows. A small brief profile with a little info like this would make for a better user experience for some users. I'm a language student for life, and am always willing to learn more. I plan on starting a chat room for language learning, and sharing cultural experiences. Sorry for getting off topic.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 02:36:07 am »
I'm fluent in USA, does that count? ^.^

Looks nice.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:26 am »
I hope we can find translators for as many languages possible. The more users we can draw from around the world the better the network will be. I'm very multicultural so the more content outside my own native country available on the network the better! I hope we can attract an even broader user base than we had before.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 04:04:07 am »
the group we need to get the new client to the most are the japanese atm tho... i hope theres someone around that speaks it...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 04:38:36 am »
Wish I could help, but I don't know anyone that can help with the Japanese translations. I have a close friend that might would help with Cantonese (dialect of Chinese mainly used in Hong Kong) translations. He lives in Hong Kong. If it's a lot of work though he probably would not have time for it. He stays pretty busy. It would bring a lot more users to the network though if it was translated into Mandarian since Mandarin Chinese is the most spoken language on the planet. English is 2nd. The Chinese would probably try to block the network though. Even better if it was translated into Mandarin, and Cantonese. It may take a little time, but i'm sure we will have some people volunteer to translate the client into the most needed languages. Maybe someday WinMx will be as popular as Facebook lol

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:54 am »
I'm fluent in USA, does that count? ^.^

Looks nice.

You CAN be forgiven for that, Hooked :-D
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 02:40:02 am »
Quote from: Bluey_412

Generally with forgiveness there comes a willingness to change.  I'll remain the USA that I am, tyvm.     :butt:   :lol:

On a different note, what's the difference in the setup between "USA" and "UK"?

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 02:54:46 am »
hopefully all those darn z's at the end of words

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 04:41:39 am »
If we have trouble getting translations for some of the languages then I will ask around some of the language forums I visit. I'm sure some of those people also enjoy P2P clients, and they already enjoy assisting others with the languages they know.  I want to wait until the client is ready to be released before asking people I do not know very well for assistance. If they did it now they may get upset, and think they did it for nothing if the client did not get released until months later. I have a close friend form Russia that's a really nice guy. I think he would help with the Russian translations as long as he's not swamped with his graduate work.  I will ask him the next time I see him.  Russian isn't listed in the pic, but I believe it would be a nice one to have translations for. They don't go after P2P in Russia like they do some of the other countries such as my own.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:03 am »
I'll update after a week or so on what languages are still needed.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 06:11:17 am »

Generally with forgiveness there comes a willingness to change.  I'll remain the USA that I am, tyvm.     :butt:   :lol:

Dunno, I'm not in the UK

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 06:12:32 am »

Dunno, I'm not in the UK

One country speaks American, the other British, Down here we speak neither

Just remember that...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 11:19:30 pm »
Australia.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 04:56:46 am »
Totally off topic, but what the hell is the difference in the water between here, Australia, and England?  ...or is it that the Queen's English is just too plain "stiff".

I dunno, random thoughts are random.....

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 05:01:16 am »
the water around england is mostly colder than the water around australia and a fair bit of the water around america

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 07:52:30 am »
the water around england is mostly colder than the water around australia and a fair bit of the water around america

self zing and unaware?   :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New screenshot

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx