gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:36:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anonymous” File-Sharing Darknet Ruled Illegal by German Court
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anonymous” File-Sharing Darknet Ruled Illegal by German Court  (Read 1032 times)

Offline achilles

• Core
Anonymous” File-Sharing Darknet Ruled Illegal by German Court
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:35:35 am »
Retroshare user baited into downloading Copyrighted song. Guess you got to be careful who you add as a friend on Retroshare.  You might find yourself adding Copyright Protection Organizations. There are still ways to maintain anonymity in which he would have not revealed his Identity, but he was not employing such methods. Not that i'm advocating violating copyright laws. https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-file-sharing-ruled-illegal-by-german-court-121123/
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Re: Anonymous” File-Sharing Darknet Ruled Illegal by German Court
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:56:50 am »
That's a nasty precedent, I guess the postal service is running a risk just staying in bussines

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 11:11:00 pm »
Yeah, with their ideology they can deem just about anything illegal. I believe the one thing worth taking note of was that they claimed he was responsible for all traffic that exited the network through him as an exit node. The thing is there are conflicting claims from the prosecutors unless i'm missing out of some important key facts. There is talk of the defendant being an exit node, and someone else was downloading copyrighted material that exited through him to the offender. Then somewhere else in the article it says the defendant downloaded directly form the copyright protection organization which makes more since. If someone claimed I was just an mediary or exit node then I would have taken it to court. All the traffic is encrypted with OpenSSL so i'm not sure how they could clearly identify the material in question unless it was downloaded directly from the copyright protection organization. I believe they better have all their ducks in a row to prosecute if he was only a mediary or exit node.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 11:37:42 pm »
this even puts a damper on TOR

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anonymous” File-Sharing Darknet Ruled Illegal by German Court

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx