gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 03:23:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  found KH
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: found KH  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Stenny75

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
found KH
« on: December 10, 2012, 01:33:52 pm »
Hey guys, long time lurker here...

If anyone is looking for Kevin Hearn, you can find his contact info on LinkedIn (it won't let me post the profile link but it's easy to find) including an email address.  It's him, no doubt.  He just joined a bunch of C++ groups and appears to be looking for coders for a new project.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: found KH
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:02:07 pm »
Can I advise anyone thinking of contacting "kevin" not to do so simply out of respect for his legal position, back in 2005 he was bush-whacked with a threat from the media cartels lawyers and they will likely create a legal assualt on him should he even think about offering any of his WinMX src code for sale, the only option could be if it was open sourced and then quickly modified by the community to close down any exploits.

There have been many attempts already over the years to allow him to respond if he wished to and in each case the result has been the same, So whilst it might sound a great idea I think we should leave him in peace and to continue with his "tixati" program, at least he will not be facing losing his home etc as he was likely to have done by continuing to develope WinMX.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »
I always wanted to speak to him, but never did. As ghost said, leave the fella alone, if he wanted to help he has had 6 years to drop someone a line. I wish him the best with his tixati, i do really like it, torrents feeling winmxy :) We at least have a picture of him, we should make a god post for him :lol:  :-D
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 08:51:31 pm »
Well as it is Christmas it may be worth asking him how to stop these idiots hacking winmx  :yes:

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:50 am »
I use Tixati, and it favors WinMx in many ways except it is a torrent client. I have tried connecting to the decentralized chat listings, but none ever appear. Not sure if it's a router problem on my end or no one has created any chat rooms.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:50 am »
Hey guys, long time lurker here...

If anyone is looking for Kevin Hearn, you can find his contact info on LinkedIn (it won't let me post the profile link but it's easy to find) including an email address.  It's him, no doubt.  He just joined a bunch of C++ groups and appears to be looking for coders for a new project.
He's a great coder, and very knowledgeable in all the areas need to create a quality P2P network. Too bad he is not allowed to work his magic! I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:37:14 am »
we should make a god post for him
he made a p2p program... the community made it great.... not quite a 'god' is he... merely the one that opened the flood gate..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  found KH

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx