gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 09:56:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Other Metis scripts  |  What scripts do you want?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What scripts do you want?  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
What scripts do you want?
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:11:22 pm »
Recently I've been releasing a few things, IMDB, Wiki, Proxy Blocker, Pulse Protection, Updated File Finder Plugin.

And many of these releases have been well received so I was curious if there is anything that you want for your rooms but are unable to get, for example maybe you want something really complicated but don't have the ability to write it yourself.

I specialize in making stuff that hasn't been done before and I especially like making things that utilize online resources. In-fact 4 of the above 5 releases use the web in some way.

So if you have anything you want post here and maybe me or another coder looking for a challenge will take it up.

At the moment I'm working on Pulse Protection which is a new way to protect your room by providing Admins and Hosts lots of information so that they can make informed decisions about people and events. It's in closed testing at the moment by a few rooms and I hope to open it up a little wider on the Hosts section of this forum once its feature complete.

Re: What scripts do you want?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:36:12 pm »
im actually after a script myself looked at loads and tryed different variations but not a trigger one ive got random triggers........
im after a script one that shows up in the room say every hour or so,
which will show four lines at the same time
because when you randomise em it only shows one line at a time

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »
If you would use  type="script" instead of random you can make multiple out's but you can also use the multiline command in one out on type random as long as you don't exeed the number of characters allowed in one line
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:43:16 am »
Yes, help in development of a new WinMx client! You would be a hero to many lol
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:15 pm »
Or to actually do what was asked you could try:
Code: [Select]
<command type="script" mode="thread">
<in>!StartTimer!</in>

### Timer output message
<out>#c1#Starting the #c8#timer #c1#loop now.</out>
<out>#c1#Line #c8#2#c1#.</out>
<out>#c1#Line #c8#3#c1#.</out>
<out>#c1#Line #c8#4#c1#.</out>

### set the extdata number to the delay you want in milliseconds
###  i.e. 1000 = 1 second.  60000 = 1 minute.  3600000 = 1 hour.
<out type="sleep" extdata="60000"></out>

<out type="self">!StartTimer!</out>
</command>

May i suggest to those who are looking to learn or tinker with Metis they try some guides I've put together:
http://therebelion.myfreeforum.org/about1032.html

Offline Bogu$ 911

• Forum Member
    • WinMX Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:24:02 am »
Yes, help in development of a new WinMx client! You would be a hero to many lol
I tried to get him, he wont work in the same room with RSWCS Richy, lol
BORN FROM THE ASHES!!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:13:58 am »
Even with the best will in the world some folks will not play well together and having them on a team is counter productive.

Many times WMW have put out the word for coders and many times some movement has been made only to die out due to the scale of the project and the time required to bring it to fruit at this time we are still working on a project and making progress but its not without hurdles or a struggle, more help is always welcome and in return we share our own research and coder focused tutorials with any potential participants so that in the end more folks are both educated and able to take up the battle should things go awry.

Having visited your forum lately I would like to gently advise you that its best not to use the original winmx icon on your concept program as that is a non no as far as the law is concerned and may lead to unwanted legal action from some despots, I would have left you some feedback but I,m waiting for the login you promised me many months ago in your room to arrive  :lol:
If you have time Cash please pm me and we will see how we can be of assistance to each other, reinventing the winmx wheel from scratch  is simply not a worthwhile endeavour.

My apologies to those who came here to read about metis scripting, and on that note could any further topic entries like this start with a new thread maybe referring to another to allow the old thread topic to continue on-topic and unabated, I would be most grateful if we can try to keep the place tidier  :-D

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »
a 'creative commons' script that promotes the latest releases and top rated of the free-and-legal-to-download world of media....

...might have to mix it with one of the renegades botboxen to make the files available on MX .... (???)

dunno... just a thought....

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 09:23:05 am »
just looking for a lil script really

instead of the !trigger
id like a few lines to appear
every now and again
say like every hour
example
->Our website is currently being moved and so new pics are needed
->If ya wanna see yer pic there....pass them to either pk or shaz
->OR Email it to my email address  tyvm :O)
-> all members friends and guest can have there pictures added :-)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:24:08 pm »
Well since you don't have (m)any extra contditions ..that would be easy

<OnTimer interval="4500">

<out>LINE 1</out>
<out>LINE 2</out>
<out>LINE 3</out>
<out>LINE 4</out>

</OnTimer>

You should replace LINE1, 2, 3 and 4 with your text (you can make more) and you should play a little with the interval to suite the time it waits for the next message.
Ofcourse it's possible to add more conditions but you would have to be more specific in what you want it to do and what not ;)

It may be a good idea to look at the manual a little  :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 12:59:07 pm »
thanks josh
figured it was something like that :-)

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »
As a suggestion, I did create some help guides that may be of some use? See here: http://therebelion.myfreeforum.org/MetisGuide1.html
(click the link at the bottom to move onto the next guide)

On the 4th guide is a better alternative to the OnTimer (as these are/were limited in quantity within one bot) so this works perfectly and can have unlimited numbers so long as trigger words are changed.

<OnJoinRoom type="script">
<out type="pop" extdata="Triggered"></out>
<out type="self">!StartTimer!</out>
</OnJoinRoom>

<command type="script" mode="thread">
<in users="_BOT_SELF_TRIGGER_">!StartTimer!</in>
<out>#c1#Starting the #c8#timer #c1#loop now.</out>
<out type="sleep" extdata="1000"></out>
<out type="goto" extdata="-1" condition="==" lvalue="%USERVAR[Triggered]%" rvalue=""></out>
<out>#c1#Exiting the #c8#loop#c1#.</out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!StopTimer!</in>
<out type="break" condition="==" lvalue="%NAME%" rvalue="_BOT_SELF_TRIGGER_"></out>
<out type="push" extdata="Triggered">stop</out>
</command>

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 08:08:05 am »
<OnTimer interval="4500">

<out>LINE 1</out>
<out>LINE 2</out>
<out>LINE 3</out>
<out>LINE 4</out>

</OnTimer>

this script is fine only problem is it only kicks out one line at a time
instead of four lines at once unless its the value that needs changing ?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 09:11:36 am »
Sorry that's my fault, it's been a while since i looked at metis codes :D

Rebel's script would also do the trick and even give you more luxury (I just choose the most simple way for a simple request)  but if you change the first line in my example I think it would spit out all the lines in one go I guess (easy to try anyway):

<OnTimer type="script" interval="4500">
You can even add a "delay" to every "out" which would make it look like someone is actually typing the messages.
You should also be able to use only one "out" instead of four, using the multi-line command of your server (if only the character limit of one message is not reached for all message content)

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 10:22:40 pm »
that worked a treat guys only issue i got now is my random auto triggers dont work now and there set at 900
and the
one just done is 450
not sure on all the number and what time difference each is
been a long while since i scripted if you could
help again would be vert greatfull

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 03:17:24 pm »
If you already use an "ontimer" script ... you can only use one (as Richi explained), meaning you could add this one to the random ontimer script but it has to use one "out" (possible with the multiline command described in my last post) or by using the _BOT_SELF_TRIGGER_" method to envoke multiple outs.

Or use Richi's setup!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Other Metis scripts  |  What scripts do you want?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 27 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx