gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 05:01:01 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX without Windows  |  Winmx on iphone/ipod
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winmx on iphone/ipod  (Read 8704 times)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Winmx on iphone/ipod
« on: March 22, 2009, 08:12:35 pm »
ok so this is a strange idea i know and for those who wish a simple(still unethical) solution read option 1.
if you want a similar idea using x11 that comes a bit closer to putting the actual program on it read option 2.
and finally (for a practical use) for users who have the guts to try it read option 3.

1)

A)Install VNC (simple enough)
B)find one of the many VNC veiwers for the iphone.
C) login and tada.

2)

This involves taking control of an X11 server and hopefully when developement is finished on the Putty modules (i beleive SSH is finished and may work if you wish to execute an entire session instead of a window)
you will be able to forward the entire application windows to your iphone or ipod.
until then so far we have remote control (using the touch keypad and cursor).
what use does this serve? well you can lay in bed and never reach for the laptop or its just a nifty tool to take control of your pc when someone else is on it.
A) follow this guide: http://www.wickedpsyched.com/x11

Now for the one of relevance that the admins are prolly looking for.

3)

A)using the x11 files from option 2 ( this means install them)
B) you will need to obtain the SDK developement stuff (unless you can find a way to get to a shell inside the iphone/ipod i have yet to come across an article on this)
C) we need to compile wine (possibly even darwine) for the iphone/ipod
D) using some source of media transfer the binaries you have compiled into the iphone/ipod
E) using a storage device (other then the iphone/ipod's local hdd/flash) load the winmx installer and the nescesarry DLL's (from nylly's post on running under newer versions)
F) hopefully you compiled the wine tools GUI as well as wine because we need it.
G) install winmx
H) open wine tools and set up as per usual
I) for 3G network users (iphone non wifi only) set winmx to passive (unable to receive)

BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Rock001

• Forum Member
Re: Winmx on iphone/ipod
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:52:20 pm »
Since i dont have an iPhone i Can't experiment with this. Though i suppose i could research something along the lines of PlayOnMac for iPhone.
Still kickin' and screaming'!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX without Windows  |  Winmx on iphone/ipod

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx