gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:15:42 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  falling from room repeatedly
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: falling from room repeatedly  (Read 5314 times)

kangaroo444

falling from room repeatedly
« on: December 09, 2005, 11:21:02 am »
I keep falling out of the chat room as if I'm being kicked.  The same thing is happening to several others also.  i know the admins are not doing it, so we're wondering if this is a much known bug.

kangaroo444

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 11:28:51 am »
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: falling from room repeatedly  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep falling out of the chat room as if I'm being kicked. The same thing is happening to several others also. i know the admins are not doing it, so we're wondering if this is a much known bug.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 06:56:44 pm »
Kangaroo444,

The problem might be with the host's connection or a port problem. Can I ask what room you keep falling out of?

Ask the host if he has the ports forwarded in his firewall and router (if he has 1) and make sure his port for his chatroom is not the same as WinMX and that everything matches

MrChaos

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 11:14:33 pm »
im having this same problem, for the first few days its only been me, now its happenning to another of my admins, we're hosted on a 100mbit line and everyone else seems to be fine.. ive reinstalled 4 or 5 times using the 2.0 and 2.2 patches, it lets me in for 4 or 5 minutes or so.. then my words stop showing up on the screen, but a few of someone else will, as if im getting really bad bad lag.. then it drops

help! this is very annoying and is driving me nuts!

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Re: falling from room repeatedly
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 11:29:39 pm »
What server are you using to host your room?
- Josh

althalus

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 02:33:59 pm »
why cant we have 1 patch that actually works...i have been on winmx for over 4 years and never seen anything so bad as when mx crashed...i have tried the mx pir patch   i get into our room hosted on fxs talk for 5 lines and drop----this happens on any room i visit----i delete that patch get the vladd patch same thing exactley.....is it a patch bug or a deliberate my patch is better than your patch thing

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 05:50:09 pm »
using FX the supplied hosts file (patch) is the same as vladds pie. i have a modified hosts file that runs on pie caches and WinMXGroup caches to stablise the connection.
in the server window do you see "hosts file not found" ? because if you do, it means either your hosts file is missing or incomplete.
the path for the hosts file is (if C: ids your hartd drive)
 C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc (there is a folder called etc located in you drivers folder) your hosts file goes in there.

if you want the modified hosts file, pop in and see me in :
 WinMxWorld.com MxHosts_E3D7EFD5135B  or Ladies & Gents Castle_B5B513521A2A

if you are on a router the FX port is 6698, winmx and robo use port 6699 if you use bother they have to be on different ports.

*edit to add the file as an attachment* MH

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 02:49:23 am »
Before I download and apply this modified patch.... I use FXServer 1.3.9 to host and have winmxworld 3.0 patch. I get this message repeatedly

17/10/06  00:07:12>  "Hosts" file not found. FXServer will try to connect anyway to default cache servers.

Connection seems stable enough and the room lists in the channels on 3 wpn connections. Will this modification interfere with the 3.0 patch ?  Is it only for hosts who are still using the pie patch ?
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 07:57:30 am »
the hosts file is is the only way to connect FXS and it is pie based, however i included all the WinMXGroup caches in it so it will find a connection and will be stable, you still need the 3.0 or 3.1 DLL patch in your WinMX to make that work efficiently,
the hosts file goes into the "etc" folder in: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc  then you wont see "hosts file not found"

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 09:14:58 am »
I use FXServer 1.3.9 also..... add the third party dll for applications from https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html    ... it works fine and no host file message appears at all.
No host file is needed.

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 02:04:36 pm »
Thanks reef. I never thought to use the third party patch. FXS connected fine without the pie hosts - just the log filled up with the messages of it's inability to locate the hosts file.
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 02:28:16 pm »
my hosts file actually has the sema caches in it thats in the 3rd party patch
thats y its as good and cos its a hsts file u dont see that message

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 06:11:35 pm »
my suggestion is to use what works best for you.. as long as you are protecting your WinMX connection with the WinMX Group patch using this hosts file or the third party patch both work, some ppl report a more stable connection for the room on one or the other and so I asked Max to post it so that folks could give it a try and get what works best.

So Cheer Reef and Max for this ..  :wink:

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 02:06:46 am »
the host aint running it on a net gear router is he lol
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  falling from room repeatedly

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx