gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 07, 2024, 11:24:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Client  (Read 119927 times)

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
Re: New Client
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »
Hmmmmm...  wonder where Joanna can be... ?    :walk:  :vomit:

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »
btw:  all others, Congratulations !!!   and thank you all who made this happend  :bow:

Offline Elroyd

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »
 GS.......Tried secondary connection which has thrown up other problems. As you suggest I will hold fire until the bugs are fixed and a more stablec lient is released

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »
Hmmmmm...  wonder where Joanna can be... ?    :walk:  :vomit:

You should be thanking me for getting this moving.
If it was down to creeps like you it would likely be
yet another year of waiting  :yes:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 09:54:36 pm »
Nice to see you "Joanne" and while your quite wrong regarding the release time frames it is pleasing to see you are happy at last.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 11:00:47 pm »
yeah joanne is a good whip jockey
makes me wonder when she starts complaining about updates

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 05:05:24 pm »
yeah joanne is a good whip jockey
makes me wonder when she starts complaining about updates

I knew there was something else I had to moan about  :lol:

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:22 pm »
Joanna do not got any clue about me or many here  :crazy:

but good recovery to you Joanna, i dont know how bad it is  :sick:  but BAD it is

time heal  :wounded:

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 06:24:01 pm »
Joanna do not got any clue about me or many here  :crazy:

but good recovery to you Joanna, i dont know how bad it is  :sick:  but BAD it is

time heal  :wounded:

Any chance of saying this in ENGLISH  :yes:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »
"Joanne", whilst I might be good natured most of the time I need to explain our moral rules regarding the statement you have just made.

Attacking folks based on their nationality is not welcome here or appreciated, calling names still flies under the radar somewhat and you have been a bit of fun to converse with on the forum so I ask you once very nicely not to repeat such outpourings, not every poster here has english as their first language but we are all here to support the community , our community is global and thus so are its members, please bear that in mind.

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 12:18:01 am »
Joanne, you are a bit aggressive, be a little nicer in your comments
no one want to bite you, well not to hard then  :whistle:

and i saw my errors, but missing "edit" ask and I'll explain

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:09 pm »
Woohoo! Awesome! not many people on yet though.. the only issues I've noticed so far are merely minor irritations.

Possible Bugs(or maybe just irritations):
1. After searching for a file, you cannot "refresh" the search.
2. After searching for a file, you cannot change "minimum file line," "file type," or "min bitrate.".....or search for another file using that window as stated previously.
3. After searching for a file and immediately clicking the stop button, the "# results found" at the bottom of the window flickers from 0 to 1 and back to 0 like a maniac.
4. Under the chat window, the Host, Close, and Favorites buttons are off the screen. (either have to scroll over there or expand the OurMx window to see them...also "Favorites" is "FavoUrites" in the chat window, even under USA as language)
5. After clicking secondary in the network menu, it was flashing yellow. I clicked disconnect...ALOT.... still wouldnt disconnect. Finally it did however, so i repeated the process to verify, and received the same scenario.
6. Same as before (secondary, yellow, then clicking disconnect) but after trying to disconnect, i switched it to primary, then continued to click disconnect while it was flashing yellow. Annnnndd something strange happened. It disconnected, but the top left button was refresh (not grayed out) and the top right button still said "disconnect" and was grayed out. So there was no way for me to connect to the network short of restarting the program. (tried switching back and forth from pri to sec, no luck.)

Minor Irritations:
1. "missing the old style group button for multiple audio files in the search window  :("
2. Cannot "undock" windows and move them around the screen like the old version. (I have multi-monitors, great for showing both the transfers, chat, and search window at the same time.)
3. Most pages, menus, and buttons are off center, and are instead aligned to the left side of the screen.

All in all, I must say great job to all who have helped put this project together. Perhaps by working as a community to bring back what we all loved, merely for us, regardless if anyone has told us that we can't or are not allowed to or that it's illegal, and not relied on any outside "entity," or some other corporation or person who wants the source "only for theirself," perhaps we are indeed moving into a golden age. I congratulate everyone who reads this and even those who don't read it. We have only ourselves to pat on the back, and in a strange, roundabout way, probably even owe a thanks to all the "griefers" who have caused us trouble and pushed us forward. Excellent work peoples. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 04:44:58 pm »
Found some more:

Possible Bugs:

1. Double clicking to download a file in the search window doesn't work.
2. After right clicking to download a file in the search window, "1FCC D2" then "1FC2 D Spec" "1FC2 D Norm"1FC2 DS" pops up, this is probably intentional though atm.
3 Sometimes you absolutely CANNOT download a file in the search window, using any option (clicking DL button, right clicking, or by double clicking)
4. Cannot delete files through transfer window....(?)....and if deleted through by going into the folder, ourmx continues to download file. Must restart to fix this issue. On occasion, if selected file is told to cancel by clicking the cancel button, OurMx will crash.
5. Asks to "Completely Exit the program?" every time you exit, even if "Do Not ask again" is checked.
6. "Load Incomplete" does not work.
7. "Queuing" and "Options" both open the settings window. (under transfers window)

Irritations:

1. If you select a file in either the transfer window or search window(possibly others too) that file will stay selected no matter what, leaving it hard to read because it's highlighted in blue. (before you could click somewhere in the black background of the window where no file was present and it would "deselect" anything that had been selected.)
2.  :cry:"Status" in the transfers window no longer has the cool little blinky bar..... :cry:
3. Cannot highlight multiple files at the same time.
4. Everytime I switch between the transfers back to the search, it goes to the main search page instead of the most recent search.(Kind of a pain..)
5. Program does not remember column positions between restarts. (like in the transfer window and search etc..)

will post more upon observation.  :D

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »
UPDATE: to first post, number 6 under bugs.

This can be fixed by clicking secondary, then hitting refresh, disconnecting, then switching back to primary again. So its probably just some boolean logic type issues.

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »
LOL sorry.....that does not fix it. The previous update does get it to say "connect," however it does nothing when you click it. Best method is to just switch it back to secondary, hit refresh or connect, then switch it to primary while it is trying to connect and just let it do the work.

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »
Bugs:

1. Under Library, refresh does not work. (files deleted through explorer still show in library)

btw...what is the little check box beside each file for under library? because they uncheck if you click refresh...not sure if that's intentional or what..

Offline harrara

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 !!!!!  that is spam   :nerd:

Offline Joanne

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 08:01:13 pm »
Joanne, you are a bit aggressive, be a little nicer in your comments
no one want to bite you, well not to hard then  :whistle:

and i saw my errors, but missing "edit" ask and I'll explain

No problem and sorry I pulled you up on your English
that was out of order  :oops:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 08:02:45 pm »
Lightning bug finder it seems  :lol:

Whilst I'm really pleased at the amount of time and effort it takes to track down many of the bugs they need to be reported here and please check before posting a new one that it hasn't already been posted.

http://www.ourmxworld.com/forums/bug-reports

Cheers WhiteLightningX   :bow:

Offline WhiteLightningX

• OurMX Support Group
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 08:05:55 pm »
should i put these in a batch post? or post them individually on that site? and does my login credentials from here work there?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  New Client

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx