gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:03:49 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  General PC Aid  |  And now for something a bit on the weird side.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: And now for something a bit on the weird side.  (Read 7563 times)

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
Re: And now for something a bit on the weird side.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 12:59:07 am »
i used to have a ps2 keyboard with a bad cable that could cause the bios to think it was a mouse (even tho it was connected to the keyboard port)

LOL, I find that to be a rather cool foul up.

I hate to admit that I'm wrong, but....I was wrong.  It was the mouse.  Keyboard is still good.  It's okay with me though....new and shiney is new and shiney.  I like my new keyboard.  ....I'm still trying to get used to the mouse.

Did you get the updates after you did a fresh install?

Na,  I generally do my updates before I do the fresh install.  Peripherals are connected to the machine and then tethered to the ceiling and suspended for a pinata computing experience.  Linux likes it...but Windows does not.  I'm gonna have to move to a dual boot system.

I know the internet is one of those things that doesn't really portray a smile or a giggle very well, so please take my reply to your post with a smile and consider it humor....or humour if you must.   8)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 12:02:58 am »
Came in a lil late, read the entire thread, would have plumped for the HID interface...

PS/2 gear has foulups, USB does not...

ahhhhhhh, strange joys, I seem to get greif from the USB side of things, but still keep a trusty old plain-jane ps2 keyboard for BIOS boot-level troubleshooting, some mainboards are a lil slow to turn on the USB keyboard support

the PS2 keyboard also has lovely old-fashioned tall keys, great for them Phat-Phinger days...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 12:29:50 am »
any gear has foulups if the cable is bad

Offline Mytheroo

• Forum Member
  • Wanna lick?
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »
I'm interested in if the mouse drivers loaded with windows are just standard, or if it gets some special ones. Is the mouse firmware updatable?
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:01 am »
I'm interested in if the mouse drivers loaded with windows are just standard, or if it gets some special ones. Is the mouse firmware updatable?

Initial problem was with standard microsoft drivers.  Setpoint drivers neither fixed nor broke the mouse.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  General PC Aid  |  And now for something a bit on the weird side.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx