gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:36:29 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download problem/have Charter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download problem/have Charter  (Read 3968 times)

ducky16

Download problem/have Charter
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:41:21 pm »
I'm having the same downloading problems as most with the file not finding sources and then turning red.  In my situation, I have a cable modem and use Charter ISP (which looks like a bad thing now).  In the past I've never had problems downloading music (which is all I look to download), but now my problems have surfaced.  I'm not sure if it's because I use Charter or fake files.  As early as last night, I was able to download one song out of 10 I searched for.  The one download worked just as well as all of my past downloads, but other the other songs just turned read after a few seconds.  Since I was able to download one song, could it be that I just got around Charter's attempts to prevent downloads that for a slight moment or could it be more of a fake file situation?  I'm not the most computer literate person so I'd really like someone's opinion on what the possible problem is.  I'm hoping it's just fake files because I don't feel like dealing with getting a new ISP.  Also, I've noticed no problems with uploads, but I haven't seen any attempts.

Thanks for this forum and your time.

Darkness

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:48:30 pm »
Hey Ducky16

I feel your pain.. as i am having the same problem. but i dont understand it bc mine just say finding sources and then it after 5-7 mins it just goes red  :cry: I dont know i can't even download everything witch is sad bc i have good cable 10bit coonection :D I think it has something to do with the seetings... chek them :D have to good to another class hahahha

KM

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 06:37:42 pm »
the best way to find out if its fake files or a problem getting files is to go in to a chat room and get something, if you go in to the WinMXWorld.com chat room then someone there should be able to help you test out any download problems you may be having :-D

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:48:10 pm »
If you expand the group you are downloading in the Transfers window, it's easier to see why the transfers turn red.
There are many types of fakes, but if the transfer stays yellow for a bit, then turns red, it's probably those where you get "Timed out (waiting for network reply..."
the others where you get "Connection Refused" and "File Mismatch" use to stay yellow all the time, because every time a new source is added, WinMX retries the other sources.
The problem doesn't have to be fake files, it could be your settings or ISP like said, but when you expand the group with the file you're downloading, it's much easier to see why the download fails :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download problem/have Charter

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx