gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 10:03:12 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Satanists are crowdfunding a statue of Lucifer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Satanists are crowdfunding a statue of Lucifer  (Read 2165 times)

Satanists are crowdfunding a statue of Lucifer
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:47 pm »
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5281634/satanists-are-crowdfunding-a-statue-of-lucifer-to-sit-in-front-of-the

hey look, our baffy is going to have his own statue

A New York-based group calling itself the Satanic Temple has raised over $9,000 from online crowdfunding donors to erect a statue of their deity outside the Oklahoma State Capitol building, right beside an existing monument to the Christian Ten Commandments. The crowdfunding campaign launched on Indiegogo last month, but the proposed statue design was just submitted to an Oklahoma state panel this week. It would feature a 7-foot-tall hornet figure (Baphomet, a deity long associated with the Satanic movement) sitting on a throne and preaching to two children. And more importantly, it's an interactive statue. As Satanic Temple spokesperson Lucian Greaves explained to The Raw Story: "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Satanists are crowdfunding a statue of Lucifer
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:58:48 am »
My deity right or wrong ?

I suspect this is being done simply to rattle the local christian denomination as its unlikely anyone else would care.  In terms of overall effect little I suspect but if its simply an avenue to explore for hypocrisy it might well become a fruitful one.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:04:38 am »
if this thing actually gets built i gotta get a picture with it... lmao

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
  • I am coming for you, it is only a matter of time!
    • Quakehell
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:06:53 am »
Which branch of Satanism does the group follow?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Satanists are crowdfunding a statue of Lucifer

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx