gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:07:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WInmx GUI fades out.....need help.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WInmx GUI fades out.....need help.  (Read 2919 times)

dunnyrummy

WInmx GUI fades out.....need help.
« on: December 16, 2005, 08:36:56 am »
Hello, I have a problem using winmx. It seems after a lenght of time the GUI fades out in the Winmx program  thus making it impossible to view all GUI in the interface and I have to close and restart it to get all the GUI visible.  This problem is most in the transfer area and when trying to read messages, bowse, whos who and sub menu right mouse click.

I'm running win XP PRO with an ATI Radeon 9600 XT (RV360) w/ latest drivers. AMD Athlon XP, 1921 MHz 2600+; Asus A7N8X Deluxe NFORCE2 chipset w/ latest driver

This "fade out" effects my desktop but can be fixed by the "show desktop" icon in the quick launch bar and moving my mouse over the faded areas.

This is a problem that has been around for a while but I never got around to deal with it. Has any one else had this issue? Please advise

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 09:39:30 am »
I've not encountered this specific problem, but most problems with the WinMX GUI can be resolved by right clicking the icon in the system tray (notification area) bottom right of your screen & clicking on "Reset All Windows" this also is available right clicking the title bar on the main program window.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

lucifer82

WinMX GUI
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 11:03:43 pm »
I also have the same problem. I've got P4 3.2Ghz, Ati Radeon 9600 it fades out while I'm using it for a while... and yes it's very annoying.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:16:51 am »
I agree with Bearded, most of these issues can be solved that way..so has that helped?

Also by 'fading out' do you mean white boxes? or just no boxes when you do a whois ..etc..?

lucifer82

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 09:19:57 am »
Like.. I cannot see the stuff on the winmx at all some times and I have to move things around to view for few seconds.... and it's very annoying because to fix for a long term I do need to restart the winmx again... ><

too lazy to login

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:28:49 pm »
Only thing that comes to mind is a problem with LeecHammer and older versions of the WinMX client (pre-3.54 possibly) exacerbating a GDI resource leak in older clients.

You could have a look at the number of GDI resources in use by the WinMX.exe process by hitting ctrl-alt-delete, selecting 'Processes', clicking 'View' then 'Select Columns', and enabling the 'GDI Resources' tickbox, then take a look at how many 'GDI Objects' the WinMX.exe process is consuming.

I'm aware that if those GDI Objects approach 9,999 then system graphics tend to fall to pieces with bits of GUI failing to be drawn all over the place due to a lack of available resources.

Not sure what else it might be really.  I run a similar system here (r360 core 9800xt, Athlon, XP) though haven't come across any GUI problems other than the LeecHammer/old MX client issues.

lucifer82

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 10:49:50 pm »
yeah I checked it and the GDI objects for WinMX is 9999. Is there anyway to fix that???

still too lazy to login

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 04:03:01 am »
yeah, upgrade to winmx v3.54b4 (i'm guessing you're not running that at the moment?).

lucifer82

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 05:33:01 am »
Well I am using that cos that's the only version of WinMX that works now right? I downloaded the file from this site and it's been working fine but this GUI problem. -_-"

too lazy to login

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 10:08:34 am »
umm, are you running any third-party applications along with WinMX like LeecHammer ?

The "9,999" GDI figure is almost certainly a sign that something's badly wrong and likely to be the cause of the GUI problems you're seeing.

lucifer82

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 02:51:16 pm »
I'm using MX Monitor 1.28Eb which is the latest software for the monitoring WinMX I never had a problem using it with any other version of winmx but this one.

too lazy to login

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 05:40:08 pm »
Hmm, not sure about that then.  I've never seen the issue occur using MXM, even on older client versions, iirc.  I've only seen the problem running LeecHammer in the past on versions prior to 3.54b4 (it was a common problem), or possibly 3.52, I can't remember now it's been a while. ;)

I'd suggest taking MXM out of the equation by removing it for a while and observing the number of GDI Objects over time to see if they continue to increase upwards into oblivion.  I tend to suspect the problem is being caused by MXM performing endless 'whois' requests to determine user's queue status, though it's entirely possible it's being caused by something else I'm not aware of as I've not come across this problem with MXM (and 354b4) before.

Something else to try possibly... locate WinMX.exe on your computer, right-click it & select 'Properties', then click 'Compatability', then tick 'Disable Visual Themes', then restart WinMX and see how that goes.

too lazy to login

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 05:46:39 pm »
p.s.  if all that fails it might be worth you scrapping your current vid drivers and reinstalling them.  use the 'cat-uninstaller.exe' from https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27 to ensure the system is cleaned from old video drivers, then restart the comp, and reinstall the latest cats.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WInmx GUI fades out.....need help.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx