gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 03:38:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Copyright Cruelty - Infringer Peter Sunde To Attend Fathers Funeral In Chains
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Copyright Cruelty - Infringer Peter Sunde To Attend Fathers Funeral In Chains  (Read 1124 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Just when you thought the copyright cartels and the vested interests that support them could stoop no lower in their questionable activities ...  :shocked:

http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-founder-will-wear-handcuffs-to-carry-fathers-coffin-140917/

After succumbing to a long illness, Peter Sunde's father has passed away. While the Pirate Bay founder will be allowed to attend the funeral, prison staff have told him he can expect to carry the coffin while wearing handcuffs.

Peter is a non-violent prisoner accused of copyright infringement offenses who at 13kgs lighter in weight represents an even lower risk of flight than his 50 days left in custody might suggest. And while there will be those in the entertainment industries who argue he deserves his punishment, the effects of his custody spread well beyond the former file-sharing site spokesman.

“As the Swedish criminal system is designed it punishes not only my brother. It punishes me, it punishes my now dead father, it punishes my mother, my family, my relatives and my friends,” Mats’ writes.

There have been many violent prisoners let out to attend a funeral whom are afforded the freedom to take part in the death ceremonies of their loved ones, I feel sickened by this particular case simply because we all know the real crime of the pirate bay crew is that they tried to fight their case using the law of the land and found out too late that the Swedish justice system allowed paid police witnesses and pro copyright judges to take part in their show trail, that's not justice and I can see a price being paid for this cruelty, let us hope the prison authorities are afforded the same lack of respect when they are shown under the spotlight, as I am sure they will be following the reporting of this news globally.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Copyright Cruelty - Infringer Peter Sunde To Attend Fathers Funeral In Chains

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx