gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:49:21 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  PLEASE BAN CAROLE FROM THE NETWORKS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PLEASE BAN CAROLE FROM THE NETWORKS  (Read 5652 times)

mxuser55

PLEASE BAN CAROLE FROM THE NETWORKS
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:30:05 am »
I DONT KNOW WHO IS THE ONE SPAMMIN MY CHAT ROOMS WITH THIS VILE SPAM MSGS. BUT IT APPAREALY BOUT CAROLE WHOEVER SHE IS. SHE MITE B THE 1 DOING IT BUT I NOT SURE.

<jPYbdFd.Mv?D1#z> CAAROOLEE AAANND DJJ AARREE YYOOOURR NNEWW LLLEAAADDEERRS.. BBOOWWW DDOOWWN 22 USS OOOR YYOUUURR CCOOOMMPUUTEEEERRRS WWILLLL BBE FRRIEEED.. MMMISSSS KIITTTUMMSS GGOTT UU AALLLLL DDOOOMMEDDDDD SSOOONNN URR BBANNKKKS WIILLL BBBBEEE DDRAAAINNEDD.. MRRSS LLLAKKKKKEEWWWOOOODD BBAANNNIINNG BIIITCCH!

WHO IS DJ AND CAROLE? ADD THEM 2 BLOCKLIST PLEASE.

Re: PLEASE BAN CAROLE FROM THE NETWORKS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:57:17 am »
The blocklist has no effect on who can join your chat room.

If you have a login I can add you to the hosts section of our forum and you might be able to get some ideas and discuss with other hosts how they are dealing with this issue.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:28 am »
just to add we don't approve accounts from users signing up from proxies, known spammer ip's and disposable emails

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:44 am »
Most of us have seen the recent childish activity, it suprises me that some folks are so as selfish to undertake such activities when we are already engaged in battle with both internal and some commercial attackers who have recently turned their attention back to this network, distractions such as this waste everyones valuable time and drive people away from the network.

Spammer : Sort yourself out and discuss any problems you have rationally with either the person whom has annoyed you or a trusted third party, theres no legitimate reason to inflict your activities on anyone else, I expect better from any winmxer,

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »
You can try using the Proxy Blocker and/or Peerblock with the Anti-Proxy blocklists available on this page: http://www.mxpulse.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=194

This system will not completely eradicate the problem from your chat room but what it will do is block 99.9% of the attack and when an attack is detected your room can be "locked" for a small period of time until the attack ceases. Allowing people to chat freely without interruption.

If you need any help setting it up feel free to reply in this thread, pm me on this forum, my own forum or talk to me directly in my chat room on WinMX called TV & Movies - Renegades.

Offline Effin_ User

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:23 am »
To all of the Chatroom Hosts/esses that have been "Spammed"-Most of you don't know me, nor have we "Met".I haven't a clue,as to whom is doing this-I do know this-It's NOT me!(Carole)I am discusted Pri's name is dragged into this! I haven't any quarrell, or issue with him, I highly admire him for his brilliant contribution /Legacy for all of us to enjoy.I I would truly appreciate any help from the WinMX community , in finding the Identity of who or whom? ( I am a "Newbie" to winmx,with little knowledge about how all this "works"). is that any guarantee knowing who, would bring an end to this?I came to Winmx  only a few months ago for the enjoyment of DL good Music, and to meet folks from all over this world.sick to my stomache  over reading this forum,and realizing such rotten haters out there.

Offline DeadGraveyard

• Forum Member
  • Dedicating Time to Serve People HELP!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 06:40:57 pm »
Carole IS INNOCENTT!!!! I have evidence right, as a test i did slander Renegades (as a prove of determination) I needed to know if my name would be brought up and sure enough it did, now i know i did wrong (sorry Renegades had to be done!) Now i know its a user in the list, but have no idea who, its not me, i just did it to see who it was, there is two screenshots. I did a honeypot test....

On the list is Ghostrider/DeadlyDeathAngel - both are myself

The thing about this is simple, i wanted evidence what room is responsible, i just did one set of slandering and thats it (lasted about half hour to an hour due to others talking) but you wont see that in the screenshots....Now, there is a belief i have that it COULD be Dan (I Am DJ).....But there is a few others i'll attach the files and you see for yourself.

Please note:

theuserlist.png - is the one that i spammed first....on that date (‎26 ‎August ‎2014, ‏‎10:35:46 UK)
oneofthese.png - is the one AFTER the spamming (shown in the screenshot) (29 ‎August ‎2014, ‏‎02:20:28 UK)

Again I DO apologize directly to Renegades i had to do this honeypot trap to see if i could determine where the spamming was being caused from and clearly i have i kept this quiet because i knew it might bite me on my back, but since i've already been bitten i might as well reveal it.
The New Client seems to take forever! so i will say this, GOOD LUCK!!

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:35:36 am »
My solution to this issue of people coming in the rooms to spam garbage via proxy seems to work nicely.

One little problem with proxy service is that its s-l-o-w. Especially Tor.

So, I setup a default access level that disallows any 'unprotected names' via the metis bot from saying anything in the first place.

They have to sit and wait for around 8 seconds before full access is granted by the bot.

Otherwise, they can spam and do whatever they wish to do, all that will happen is ERROR or Access Denied on their end. The room itself will show nothing from their mouths.

Is there a way to spam by proxy anyway? Sure!

Buy everyone on earth the fastest computers and internet connections that can exist.

Then Tor will speed up.

These chimpanzees are limited on what they can do by simple physics.

That is why I just now said how I do it. No need to collect ips and firewall, etc.

Proxies are slow. There is no way around that.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:27:40 pm »
If you use the Proxy Blocker software it includes the ability to log users in using a password you specify after it has verified they are not proxies. On average this takes 1/4th of a second but depending on which cache he proxy is detected on it can be a lot faster.

This will allow you to give new users an access level that doesn't allow them to speak until the Proxy Blocker software verifies them. It also has the ability to exile users to another room and some users have setup two rooms. One is posted online and that one runs the Proxy Blocker in it, then the second room is hidden and users get exiled to that one.

The first feature (logging in verified users) has been in the Proxy Blocker since I think 2011, whilst the exile feature I think I added in 2012 or 2013. By the way the anti-proxy API that the Proxy Blocker uses has seem some really significant upgrades over the years and is more accurate and faster than it has ever been. It also now runs from a dedicated server with very fast processors and memory :)

Offline Effin_ User

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 10:50:25 am »
As we are in almost past the first month of the New Year,I looked back & reread the Wonderful topic here, from the result of a "spammer" victimizing me..."Please ban Carole from the Networks" pleas from the simpleminded, one track narrow heads...Never mind that a wacko was harassing me(pun intended) The WAY COOL folks who stated intelligent opinions in regards to "Proxies" and their users & uses..(I didn't know what a "proxie" was, let alone know why it is used) and then from PRI, and he was pimping his new "Proxie Blocker"!!Such a coincidence! WinMX is all about sharing our love for MUSIC with each other.2 things in Life bring people together, one is Food, and the other is MUSIC.  NOT this drama & mudslinging, that's consistant  with running for a political office seat...From WinMX, I have made friends with folks from all over the World, all walks of Life, learned about  different Cultures( and great food recipes), and of course, the MUSIC..That's the tune I'm whistling, so I will sign off on that note... ;) :thumbs:

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 12:49:14 am »
and then from PRI, and he was pimping his new "Proxie Blocker"!!Such a coincidence!

Carol, I originally made the Proxy Blocker in 2009. It has been updated every so often since then. It's not "new" by any means. Based on what you just said you act like I am the one spamming rooms only to provide a solution to stop the spamming? Like I am a firefighter who goes around starting fires.

I can tell you categorically that is not true. I have never spammed chat rooms nor have I ever had someone do it on my behalf. I also do not associate with people who perform internet attacks. Be it spamming rooms, cloning, hacking, DDoS'ing - I am not into that sort of thing at all.

Every time on this network that someone comes up with a solution to something be it a connect patch a 3rd party client a way to stop your room being spammed or hacked people turn on you. They say "It must be you who is doing the bad things because you were able to create the solution! - How convenient!" - Well that is very specious reasoning. I have absolutely no reason to spam people and then provide a solution, I don't make any money from the Proxy Blocker I don't get any fame out of it, it's just a tool that I make that helps my own room and I provided it for all the other hosts who suffer as we do.

In this topic did I accuse you of performing the attacks, the spamming etc? - No. I don't have any evidence to suggest you were doing the spamming, people have spammed as me previously and many other people. So please don't start accusing me just because I make a solution that works, it's not a nice thing to do and it's a false accusation.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  PLEASE BAN CAROLE FROM THE NETWORKS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx