gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 10, 2024, 05:49:00 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  PopCorn Time Back ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PopCorn Time Back ?  (Read 740 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
PopCorn Time Back ?
« on: November 28, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »
Just saw this news on a random website I was passing.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/111205/20151127/popcorn-time-back-from-the-dead-as-dev-works-on-full-relaunch.htm

Popcorn Time Back From The Dead As Dev Works On Full Relaunch. Reddit user Luretrix2k posted a thread regarding the return of a fully-functioning Popcorn Time.

"Many of you have seen the article in TorrentFreak about the two guys who were caught by Brein.They had to delete all their accounts, links and stop working on the community version immediately.This will not stop us in any way, but we will not credit any of the people involved to protect them," the redditor says in the post.

The "fix" for Popcorn Time is available for Windows, Mac and Linux-based computers from a new website where the community edition of the program is made available. The original version of Popcorn Time can still be downloaded and the fix manually applied, as well. Moreover, by making use of new APIs, movies and TV shows now show up again as they should when the app is fired up.

I suspect we will see more cries of "the sky is falling in" from the studios, if they made the same service available not just today but at least ten years ago where would they be now financially ? I think we can all agree the answer is in a better place, we know they want to make money and we want to spend efficiently and a middle path is a lower cost streaming system, instead we see the same costs for actual plastic being levied for a streaming download that costs them little or nothing above the server costs, being greedy it seems is all they are about, little wonder folks refuse to resists the urge to turn to illicit means of viewing content, in many cases what they want to see is not even available to purchase, at any cost.
Chasing after developers is yet another case of shooting oneself in the foot  for another few years, one day they might get wise but don't hold your breath.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: PopCorn Time Back ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 09:40:06 pm »
From what I understand there's a lot of different sites purporting to be the real popcorn time, the code was up on github or something and with all the domain issues there's been a lot of confusion over whose the original or the spirited successor and so forth.

I've not used it and I don't know much about it tbh just what I read on reddit myself about the ownership and squabbles. I heard the "main" one shut down after threats due to the VPN thing.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  PopCorn Time Back ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx