gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:20:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Hacked toymaker leaked gigabytes’ worth of kids’ headshots and chat logs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hacked toymaker leaked gigabytes’ worth of kids’ headshots and chat logs  (Read 927 times)

While probing VTech servers, the hacker found tens of thousands of pictures of parents and kids. Some are blank, or duplicates, so it’s hard to establish exactly how many are legitimate pictures. But the hacker said he was able to download more than 190GB worth of photos, and considering that there were 2.3 million users registered in the Kid Connect service, it’s likely there were tens of thousands, or more, headshots of parents and kids, according to the hacker.

The hacker shared a sample of 3,832 image files with Motherboard for verification purposes, but he also said he doesn’t intend to publish or sell the data.

”Frankly, it makes me sick that I was able to get all this stuff,” the hacker told me in an encrypted chat. ”VTech should have the book thrown at them.”

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/11/hacked-toymaker-leaked-gigabytes-worth-of-kids-headshots-and-chat-logs/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
but he also said he doesn’t intend to publish or sell the data.

i dont want to know where the data would have ended up otherwise

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Hacked toymaker leaked gigabytes’ worth of kids’ headshots and chat logs

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx