gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 07:24:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs.......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs.......  (Read 5597 times)

Doc2377

WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs.......
« on: December 29, 2005, 04:19:50 am »
What is going on with this?  I keep getting this when I start to dl.  It has happened over 35 times and when I try to send an error report, it is NOT covered anymore.  Please help!  Is there a patch?  A new versio? What?

I'm running:
WIndows XP
WinMX v. 3.53 through secondary

Everything was working fine ujtil a week and half ago.

quest

same thing
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 06:56:52 am »
thats happening here too..
i use peerguardian, sherwood and winmx 354 beta..
yesterday it worked just fine..

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 08:15:33 am »
Not sure what you mean by "when I start to dl" exactly?

Watch the number of sources that the downloads in the transfers window have.  If you have an AFS value set on them then they'll seek out more sources after a period of time.  If they're fake files then when they seek sources you might find WinMX crashes (if the number of sources it locates for the download goes above a certain amount).

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 10:52:48 am »
ok, i tried again as a secondary connection and its running fine..
still dont understand why..

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 01:38:40 pm »
It happened to me about 2 months ago and it happened again.
reinstalled winmx and fix, reinstalled peerguardian with block and allowlistst but after about half a minute Winmx crashes. AsI did then I have DL the Vladd44 option abd it works fine. I don't like the yellow in block message to be patient though, prefered the share your files thing.
There were no changes to the system at all. BTW Peerguardian grased also with the same message. There were no windows updates, had the systeem checked for virusses and spyware before openening winmx. <oreover I had winmx active for a few houres, closed it and after avout 45 minutes tried to get back online with the above result. The PC wasnt reset in between. Could someone explain what is the matter.
I use Windows XP with SP2 - Cable connection; no changes during a period that winmx was working fine. Why does the pie thing work and the fix obviously doesnt anymore? Well Im connected again, but it feels as the way how is not my choice

chouchou

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 02:03:17 pm »
I got this problem too! thanks indefile I will try your solution. more details would be good and a link to the download that you ACTUALLY used would be good too... cheers and good luck..

chouchou

got it working again---------TRY THIS!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 04:17:34 pm »
uninstall winMX
go here and get piepatch
http://www.vladd44.com/mx/peercaches.php
i manually installed into my hosts file, but i am sure u could use auto one
re-install winMX 3.53
redo file share and other stuff like settings.

youre done!
hate the 'be patient!!!' yellow bit until all is well with the 1.9patch!

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 04:26:38 pm »
please remember if your going to use the pie fix you will also need to run something along the lines of pg2 as the pie fix has no blocker like the .dll has .
Alos i may add that i have found that it seems to be mainly related to 3.54 i myself am using 3.53 of V1.9 and i have not had a single crash as of yet.

wavoka

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 09:04:22 pm »
Hello. I'm using 3.54 beta. I just started getting the "WinMx has encountered a problem and must close" message. This has not happened before with the 3.54.

Is there a fix?

wavoka

More on error message
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 09:09:35 pm »
I uninstalled and reinstalled thwe 1.9 patch. Still getting the error message. Any ideas?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 10:30:52 pm »
Yes install for 98 systems, if you want to save your previous settings and folder just rename your current C:\Program files\WinMX to WinMx2 then make a new install for 98/ME system

Keep in mind this will not have the blocking in it for the RIAA, if your running primary you will need to install peer guardian 2 with our block list

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

Instructions are on this link...

wavoka

More on problem
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 11:40:05 pm »
Yes install for 98 systems, if you want to save your previous settings and folder just rename your current C:\Program files\WinMX to WinMx2 then make a new install for 98/ME system
====================
I'm running XP Pro. The problem seems to be intermittent and tied to using WinMx feature. Like if I click on Hotlist, or other function - but not all the time.

Interesting thing is I have disconnected WinMx while it was still connecting to primary and it still crashed.

Also, seversal times WinMx has tried a secondary connection, I am set up for primary, and told me I could not do a primary. Then I shut it down and restart and get a primary.

Basically, there does not seem to be any logixc to it.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 12:31:20 am »
You can still install the Install 1.9 for 98/ME systems on a XP system .. it will work fine..

Thanks for the great information..

wavoka

More info on crash.
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 01:57:38 am »
Sometimes it just shuts down with no error message.

Offline 7

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 03:51:31 am »
I think I've an idea what's causing this crashing problem, stay tuned... :)

schrikg

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 05:13:31 pm »
https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=1176&sid=c0bf11a4f4b4b2dfb83b1d2fe3480321

Not the first time
I now use the unpatched version ,the Pi-patch & Peerguardian till this is working agian

aresdivine

I have another clue
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 06:14:41 pm »
I'm not sure what I'm about to say may help, but in 26 dec. in the morning I checked my WinMX status after an entire nigth, and surprisingly I found this message from my antivirus:

26/12/2005 12:54:07 a.m.  "DAME (Dark Angel M.E.)" has been found in "C:\Archivos de programa\WinMX\settings.dat" file.

I use avast! 4.6 Personal Edition. I choose to quarantine the file, and since then WinMX behave in an unstable way.

Same problems and symptoms: crashes, closes suddenly and quietly, not d/u, etc.

I also tried unistalling and reinstalling with partial success, but WinMX still fails. I've tried changing the ports, and works for a small period of time.

I live in México, and this wednesday my DSL connection suddenly died and became unstable until yesterday. My ports were 16699 and 16257 and WinMX fails to connect, so I checked my port 16699 with Shields up! and discover that it was in 'Stealth' mode... apparently, my ISP has blocked that port. I'm not sure, but it seems various ISP's are monitoring WinMX activity.

Sorry for the extension of my message. I hope that this information is useful in someway.

Thanks.

Ares.

FasterThanLight

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 03:59:30 am »
I fixed it, I just switched to the pie patch and my timer is at 2:08:34 so it works now. It doest kick me off or anything *knocks on wood* :)

Hope you all do the same, I tried the 9x version of the 1.9 patch and it was a very unstable connection, it was unconnected for half the time I was on.

Hope this helps you all.

Offline Gambitw

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 08:53:10 am »
Well I also a prob, may be it's the same one when winmx crash it says for the error report:

AppName: winmx.exe    AppVer: 3.5.4.0    ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.0    Offset: 000036f7

it's the same thing for PIE or for your patch.

what is this prob?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 12:27:41 pm »
There seem to be two different problems - only one of them related to our .dll patch.
The temporary solution till we figured it out is to install version 3.53 of winmx as that seems to be unaffected.
You can easily do that by selecting to install for win98/Me from our install-1.9.exe regardless of your OS.
PLease run Peerguardian with our block list as well with that when connecting primary as that version doesn't block "automatically".
Good Luck!
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  WinMX Application has encountered a problem and needs.......

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx