gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:33:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Firefox news - Flash Player Future
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Firefox news - Flash Player Future  (Read 1383 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Firefox news - Flash Player Future
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:55:40 pm »
More changes from the folks at Mozilla...

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/07/firefox-will-start-blocking-flash-content-in-august-fully-click-to-play-in-2017/
Firefox will begin retiring Adobe Flash on August 2 with the release of Firefox 48. In 2017, probably with Firefox 53, Flash plug-ins will require the user to actively click-to-play.

In Firefox 48, Mozilla will enable a new Firefox plug-in blocklist by default. Initially the blocklist will be small, mostly containing URLs of Flash SWF files that have been identified by Mozilla as supercookies (i.e. cookies that are very hard to shake off) or fingerprinting files (i.e. they scan your system and create a unique fingerprint, again usually for tracking purposes).

The Mozilla blog post introducing this blocklist only mentions supercookies and fingerprinting files in passing, though. Rather, Mozilla explains this move as the beginning of the end for Flash: "... Plug-ins often introduce stability, performance, and security issues for browsers. This is not a trade-off users should have to accept." Thus, Mozilla will gradually add Flash elements that are "invisible to users" to the blocklist, which is "expected to reduce Flash crashes and hangs by up to

Good news for all of us I believe  :D

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Firefox news - Flash Player Future
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 10:35:57 am »
Interesting...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Firefox news - Flash Player Future

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx