gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:01:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  WinMX Latest News
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX Latest News  (Read 6038 times)

Offline HERMES

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
WinMX Latest News
« on: July 30, 2016, 02:12:14 pm »
Seeing as these useless bunch of amateurs on here are so clueless here is the latest news.

Winmx is fully functional and has been for about 2 weeks or more.

This means the chat rooms load as they should.

Uploading and downloading is also functioning as is the search facility.

We don't know if this will continue or how long for but hopefully it will.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: WinMX Latest News
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:15 am »
And your an expert ?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the actual users are aware of the fact that things are working fine but hadnt wished to report that fact back to the attacker who may not have known their scripts are broken, cheers for your non-assistance  :/

For those of our regular readers this is the troll's 8th identity but it seems they are still as anti-winmx as ever.

Offline Perseus

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 06:16:50 pm »
You're an expert, as in you are thick.

I'm sure if his scripts are wrong he will know soon enough.

I'm sure he's not stupid enough to rely on you amateurs for information.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Re:WinMX Latest News
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »
Identity change number 9

Same boring rhetoric, same ignorant claims.

Feel free to waste your time, the rest of us have lives  :yes:

Offline APOLLO

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 09:49:13 pm »
"Feel free to waste your time, the rest of us have lives "

Your life consists of trawling the internet for news about torrents, windows and
other useless information to post on here
that nobody replies to except your two friends on here.

You're not very clever Ghostship, I can tell by your childlike grammar.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:33 pm »
If I'm not very clever why do you bother to come here to waste my time ?

Most of the community know all about me and how long I have been here, they know nothing about you bar your crude trolling and impatient complaining, you do nothing for the community and whine at those at least making the effort, you have my sympathy for your character failures.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 03:35:40 pm »
You would almost expect the attacker getting no longer comments about attacks is trying to get renewed attention by stopping the attacks.
Since no one reacted for obvious reasons, (disturbing the sleeping dogs), the attacker tries again and reports he stopped attacking.
Oops of course reported things are working normal again since he stopped attacking.
Darn how to talk you out of this......

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 09:51:54 pm »
Good to see your enjoying the entertainment Wonderer   :-D

I do feel sorry for the troll sometimes, they probably believe they are causing some groundswell of public opinion within the community but thus far its probably just those on their facebook friends, and even they are fed up with the ranting  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 09:18:07 pm »
its just sad he still does not see how the determination of the community is only getting much stronger in the years.
people stay together and I only see the continuing failure to break up the community
How small it may be we are still making progress which we cannot say of the attacker

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 02:54:25 pm »
Greetings,

Have you heard this before.? Do you know if there is  any truth to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVAr38NKHQ
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 06:04:02 pm »
The short answer is no & no.

Having seen many of the attacks over the years I cant definitively say whom has attacked us outside of those times I have named someone, we have seen many variations of attack and had to mitigate the impact of them all which we have done successfully at a basic level, other attacks have been simple ddos  based techniques commonly used to attack other sites, as far as this site is concerned we are fully operational, the real disruption has occurred on the network itself, such network level attacks require specific network knowledge and that's why I have always blamed those whom leaked that knowledge for their own selfish whims, theres little more to say on the whom rather than that.

I congratulate the video creator for recognising we don't do things here for money, we are network users ourselves and like to share our content with others, this doesn't mean we want or encourage the sharing of copyrighted materials, far from it we feel the recording industry and somewhat to a lesser degree the motion picture industry stifles new or raw talents and P2P networks allow for folks to share or sample other peoples music or videos, be they amateur semi pro or otherwise direct from the creator themselves with no corporate middle man to tax such distribution whilst sitting in their leather bound seats doing little themselves of real human worth, the concept behind this networks value is to encourage others to also put their creativity into the network, be it music, educational materials, free, share and open src  programs or other types of creativity, perhaps in the chat arena with simple positive thinking and helpful creative feedback, such things you cant get honestly in some arenas but are here on the WPN in depth along with something much more powerful, friendship, with friendship we have the best weapon against any attacker, whom ever they are, I personally don't know anything about torrent sites annoying winmx folks and doubt theres a connection but I do know we are all in this together and we don't have to have our decentalised network dictated to or controlled by anyone, that's our ideal and our ultimate goal and while we can hold firm as a community it remains something we will achieve together.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 11:06:05 pm »
In my channel we noticed the attacks stopped about 2-3 weeks before the Kickass site bust so I don't think the two are connected in any way.

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 11:17:36 am »
Thank you Ghostship and Pri for the information! We need some good news, and there is some!
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  WinMX Latest News

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx