gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 11:21:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  LONG time To Connect + Hard To Stay Connected
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LONG time To Connect + Hard To Stay Connected  (Read 1467 times)

The Visitor

LONG time To Connect + Hard To Stay Connected
« on: December 31, 2005, 12:21:18 am »
Last few days same issue. Whether I am using newest Piepatch or your 1.9 Installer, it takes WPN a LONG time to connect (from a few minutes to 30 minutes). Used to establish a connection very fast. It's also getting harder to maintain a constant time connected as it frequently disconnects from WPN when I run it overnight, etc. I'll check in the morning and MX says I've only been connected an hour or so. Might explain why few files have been coming in too.

Is this just a symptom of network overload as more users find their way back to MX via the patches? Or is this a symptom of evil forces messing with Mx? Or is it just my own incompetence? Patches seemed to work fine for me until lately.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 01:52:49 am »
The Visitor,

Welcome to the site, its a symptom of many things.  Not overload from regular users per say, although some of the pie peer caches that allow you to connect have been offline a lot lately.. this could be due to strain.

Macrovision has a strong hold on this network, unfortunately the Pie team has failed to see the importance of blocking the RIAA from our network and this makes for a rocky ride for us all I am affraid..

Best advice is to use our ws2_32.dll for XP patch or Peer Guardian 2 with our WinMx specific block list.  
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

I am also curious what version of WinMx your using and if your primary or secondary to the network.. as that may also be a problem.  WinMx 3.53 has a known issue with staying connected and there is a patch made some time ago to help that if your on a secondary connection..

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 04:11:11 am »
Thanks. I am now running Peer Guardian. WinMx 3.53 is the version I use, so I'd like to check out that patch that helps with the connection issue. I've been using Piepatch only because it seemed to give me a faster WPN connection and more search results on the rarer files I'm trying to complete. I suspect that most Mx users are connecting via the Piepatch.

I usually have to make a secondary connection.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:43:10 pm »
The Patch is available here:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WinMX%20Patch/

Just drop the olepro32.dll into your WinMx folder and restart winmx :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 12:50:14 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
I've been using Piepatch only because it seemed to give me a faster WPN connection and more search results on the rarer files I'm trying to complete

Having tested both, all i can say is the connection times vary, the Pie patch does seem to connect slightly faster for me, although other users i know report faster connections with the .dll, whatever floats ya boat! As for  search results for rare files, the patches will make no difference.

The Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 05:28:06 pm »
Thanks for the help, fellas. Having no connection issues via the PiePatch lately. As far as search results, some of the files I am trying to complete were probably originally shared by users who may have given up on Mx once it was officially taken down. I can usually find them via Open Nap. But with no auto resume, with maybe only 2 peers sharing them and queues until the next Millenium, I think I'll stick with WPN.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  LONG time To Connect + Hard To Stay Connected

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx