gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 07:37:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  OurMX Enquiry
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OurMX Enquiry  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Elroyd

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
OurMX Enquiry
« on: January 14, 2017, 01:27:36 pm »
Hi folks. Quick Question

Given that the attacks on WinMX appear to have ceased,can it be assumed that OurMX development has been abandoned

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: OurMX Enquiry
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 01:53:48 pm »
I can happily confirm that development is still underway but slow as always due to lack of developers, however to work past that and gain further community assistance by mass of numbers the current plan is to release sections of src code that work fine as stand alone projects and this will allow folks to get the code they might be missing for their own projects, the aim is still to complete the OurMx client but without extra hands I feel its best to attempt to seed the community with "tasters" to get folks interested in learning how they can help and we can all I hope utilise any new talents that step up to offer their time once they have some idea of what we are doing and the bigger picture. The OurMx project is after all for the entire userbase and was prepared as an open src vehicle from the beginning.

There is one clear roadblock to simply handing out the entire src code bundle to all and that simply that it utilises the current weak protocol, until we as a community agree on what we are going to do to replace it in effect my hands are tied on the matter, we can collectively fix the weakness but it will require all current clients and toys that use the primary network to be upgraded or discarded (where theres no src or trivial hex editing method available to use), its an all or nothing situation we are in and thats really why despite the great progress we have made and knowledge we have in our hands we are at an impasse in terms of a clear road to the future.

The plan is then this :

Chop the current OurMx (& MxShare) up into many smaller projects and let the folks have what we can spare thats not going to cause carnage and continue our work and developmental research on the crucial primary engine stage, one we have a valid and demonstratable test vehicle thats ok for public src release without offering clues or help to attackers of the current network the users can have that also.
I have already started work on an area on the site to deliver the code segments and descriptions for folks to learn from that will speed up comprehension and I hope usage of the code.

I hope this outline answers your question Elroyd.  :)

Offline Elroyd

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 02:36:40 pm »
Thanks for your response GS. It answers my question in some detail

Regards

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 09:17:04 pm »
I would like to get in the project. How can I start? Do you guys have the source code for OurMX or something I can understand how to Primary & Secondary connections work? Thanks. Cam.

Offline Rossi

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:24:34 pm »
Good luck getting answers on ourmx.  Very touchy subject.   :no:

They tend to go a bit quiet here when it's mentioned.   :yes:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 02:09:44 am »
the source to ourmx was never made available, paranoia of it being turned into a hack-tool was the reason given. while it technically could be made into one, some source code released by he left unnamed is an outright hack-tool.. so.. yeah..

unfortunately i don't think the project will get released as source... if the sourcecode is even all in one place... ...it would be better to start fresh with the various code in the archives

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  OurMX Enquiry

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx