gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:03:45 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Brave browser works by blocking outside online ads
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brave browser works by blocking outside online ads  (Read 1258 times)

Brave browser works by blocking outside online ads
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:13:36 pm »
http://www.networkworld.com/article/3030134/microsoft-subnet/benchmark-tests-brave-browser-ad-blocker-chrome-firefox-ie-11.html

https://brave.com/

Brave works by blocking outside online ads and ad tracking to speed up performance, rather than requiring an add-on ad blocker or other privacy protectors. The beta, released last week, is available on Windows and OS X on the desktop, with iOS and Android versions to come.

Eich has outlined his philosophy, which I won't rehash since Gregg Keizer did a fine job in his article covering the announcement. I would only add that I like the notion of blocking outside ads because that's where malware is coming from, as Forbes recently learned the hard way. Brave scrubs websites of most of their ads and all tracking, and replaces those ads with its own. Hopefully Brave will do a better job monitoring its ads for malware than some of the ad delivery networks have done.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, Eich and his new company built the browser on Chromium, the open source browser from Google on which Chrome is built. This raised a few eyebrows and was seen as a middle finger at Mozilla over its treatment of Eich, but he denies it.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Brave browser works by blocking outside online ads

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx