gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:57:29 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  OURMX "The New Client"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OURMX "The New Client"  (Read 10672 times)

Offline N1755L

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Re: OURMX "The New Client"
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 01:05:16 am »
Pri's strategy was probably, initially, to get you pissed at WinMX users for being such ignoramuses, but due a deficit of cerebrum, he pursued his ill-thought tactic to excess, revealing his trolling ways.

Most of us appreciate the developers' efforts and understand that the workload is substantial while thankless, the pay is abhorrent, the effort required is great, and the journey is lonely.

I hadn't used WinMX in years (since it had fallen apart nearly a decade ago... or has it been a decade already?), and just recently thought to look for it to see if it were still alive. 

To the WinMX developers, Thank You for all that you are doing for our benefit.  We await patiently, and if it ultimately proves to be too great a burden to overcome, while we will be disappointed, we will understand.

Offline N1755L

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 01:28:58 am »
Pri's strategy was probably, initially, to get you pissed at WinMX users...

Sorry Pri, I meant Rossi, but since I couldn't find any way to edit my post, I'm having to post the correction here.

So... Rossi's strategy was probably, initially, to get you pissed at WinMX users... see previous post.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 06:50:23 am »
Merry Xmas to you N1775L  :D

Our reduced network user count has had an impact on the quantity of users left and able to deliver the development in a reasonable amount of time, i was previously able to spend a lot of time on in but due to real life work commitments its pretty much at a snails pace and often held up due to there being no one to run tests against, normally one of the testers will run the mx sniffer and collect a dump of the traffic to allow for bugs and improvements to be made but with no one to undertake even that basic role it puts the brakes on some important areas of what is trying to be acheived, we have more than the bare bones in the bank thats for sure but we need folks to band together as has always been the case on mx and make the magic happen with teamwork, until others get involved in the project in any way they can we are most certainly not going to be on the fasttrack for some time and thats pretty disappointing for me knowing we could acheive so much and have done in the past given a few willing hands to carry the hopes of the community forward, all that aside work will continue to be undertaken even if its simply to please myself.

Offline Rossi

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 10:16:54 pm »
I had you bunch of fools sussed years ago.

Time has proved me right on all counts (Check back and you will see).

It is also time to close this useless website.

I LOVE BEING RIGHT.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :lol:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2018, 05:44:09 am »
I am not sure what you seemed to have gotten right Rossi ?

Have you been continuously rude, seems so.

Have you undertaken zero effort to help anyone here bar take cheap shots ? Seems so again.

I am still working on OurMX and more specifically an open src version, bar the transfers stage thats proving a large annoyance we have most of what we need in hand now, of course the documentation has been a work in progress for years but if you had taken the time to look you may have noticed that across the years new material has been added following on from in depth research on any specific topic, did you miss all of that , seems so again

I do think this proves one thing, simply that those whom sit back and do nothing to help the community are usually the same folks that miss everything else, rest assured that simply because you have no interest in restoring the community some of us are not so undercommitted, I remember some idiot coming from the shadows previously saying the project didnt even exist till we released a basic version, did that idot return to say "wow I was wrong, what a tool I was, they must think i'm a child for what I was saying on their forum ".

I dont remember any such apology but what can you expect from such challenged people.

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 03:21:35 am »
I went thru a hard time in real life, so I dont talk much anymore.
Lost my other from cancer.
But I would think that forget the 2 gig limit. I have infinity gig limit. Do partials and reassemble them. It takes all of a fraction of a second.
Does everyone need super huge files at 4k? No. Most files that exist are nowhere near that limit. A long time trader and room host.
On slow assed, overpriced DSL over the phone line just to keep ports open.
I found a better, cheaper faster internet, even out here in hillbilly land rural, where there is little choice on internet service.
using cell access, via a hotspot. It works nicely even on the real computer network.
$100/month Vs. $30/month. old style DSL has a top speed of 1.5 gig (bits) per second.
New way has more like 7 gig bytes/sec.
After this last storm, my real DSL speed is under a half of what dialup is.  lol
Its been slowing down more and more thru the years.
I have decided to drop the real internet and the landline phone and go over to cell signals instead.
Cheap and ungodly fast. Storms hit, doesnt matter. It stays connected and at full speed.
One tiny little issue is that ATT has figured out a demonic way to stop any idea of opening ports to the outside.
It would be nice to host my silly little room, but not nice enough for me to pay all that money, just to have horrifiaclly slow service.
Cant the system be altered just enough to fake a primary? Pretty much make that not relevent?
WinMx when its working just fine like now, requires a lot of setup to get things done. If a way could be found to effectively open ports to the outside by whatever method, as long as its free and point/click simple would be nice.
I imagine such a thing would also change the WPN to the point where attacks by the former method become impossible.
Just saying. People can bitch and complain or whatever as they wish. Im used to that now. After my loss, go bounce bullets off kevlar.

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2018, 03:25:08 am »
maybe something like a tunneling protocol. Im no expert in networking traffic, but it would seem to be possible.

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2018, 03:35:31 am »
I tried tixady or whatever you want to call it. Not impressed. Old original unimproved WinMx is still ahead.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 05:31:19 am »
I share your sentiments regarding the latest offering as while it does offer some path ahead its not really in the style of what we have become used to, in some areas its a retrograde step even, if that changes we can all look at it again but for now my money and time is still on the WPN,

I'm sorry to hear of your bereavement MinersLantern, when you have lived with another person for a long time it really does feel like the world has become a foreign place without them  :(

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  OURMX "The New Client"

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx