gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:52:41 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Snapchat Src Code Leaked
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Snapchat Src Code Leaked  (Read 1558 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Snapchat Src Code Leaked
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:03:33 am »
It seems last week someone leaked the src to snapchat by posting it on the github open src repository recently aquired by microsoft, it was quickly taken down after a request from an Italian Snapchat employee was received by github however it seems the same games we have seen before with leaked src codes are playing out with further copies appearing all over the place, it took me a few moments to locate the src on the pirate bay, I didnt download it of course but there it sits  :shocked:

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: Snapchat Src Code Leaked
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:13:09 am »
It's such a shame.. I mean.. we couldn't possibly have third party clients.. they'd have to change the protocol, like oh.. just about every proprietary messaging system I can think of did anytime anyone managed to actually produce an alternative client...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 04:17:56 pm »
That is one of the benefits of a closed src system of course Bearded  :D

A more pressing worry would be an exploit of some description that can be leveraged with some of the back end code, even with a new protocol they could still be in trouble..

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 08:13:24 pm »
True enough, best outcome would be some security resarchers get hold of the code & responsibly disclose such holes, though once the code is in the wild, the bad guys tend to act faster than the researchers, knowing they're in a race.

At least if holes are found they'll get patched, once the fuss dies down it ends up better for it.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Snapchat Src Code Leaked

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx