gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:26:15 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX without Windows  |  no up load no download
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: no up load no download  (Read 5861 times)

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
no up load no download
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:03:49 pm »
Opensuse [Leap] 15.0  Wine 4.7 Winmx 3.54b4  router/modem SmartRG SR808ac

Just installed leap 15.0 up from Leap 42.3 on a new desktop PC. [Asus Prime Z390A i7-9700K 32GB ram]
Neither upload or download are working [Timed out - Waiting for incoming Connection]

The things I always do on a new install are:
As is my custom, due to experience I immediately turn off the opensuse firewall.
Create a 'static' ip in my router for the PC
Setup my internet in Yast>Network settings [static IP, etc.]
Make sure the ports are forwarded in my router [I have had this router for 1 year and it work with my last Winmx install ] [also same ISP]
Run Winecfg to add Winmx  app to Wine, incl  adding oledlg to Libraries in Winecfg.
Start Winmx to make sure TCP and UDP ports match forwarded ones
Test to see if people are able to receive data from me and vice versa
Using terminal, make sure ports are open [sudo netstat -tulp]
I have been doing this since opensuse 11.0 and never had any problems.

I have rechecked these multiple times.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can check to solve this problem?

Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: no up load no download
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:33:20 pm »
Could you try a random set of ports and forward those to see if theres an ISP related transfers "annoyance" ?

I dont expect this to be the issue but its worth ruling out, I had to use 81 & 1023 once to bypass a block  :)

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 12:58:48 am »
Well if that don't beat all.
Changed my ports to 1212 and 6329 and VOILA!!  UPLOADS AND DOWNLOADS.
Never had that happen  I have used the same 2 ports for a number of years now.
My ISP has been with me for about 6 months now.
It is a small company [mysignal.com] which I suspect is renting lines from a company called Frontier Networks Inc.
What exactly is it they are doing?
Blocking my ports?
And is it because they notice high volume from me?
Would it be the larger or the smaller company?
If so, is there a way to stop them?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 05:55:00 pm »
Most parts of WinMx use encryption but the file transfers however are the exception.

This legacy design decision allows an ISP using basic or even quite complex throttling equipment to look for a specific set of transfer messages, with these specific strings detected and on the default WinMx ports its pretty much certain when a file transfer is about to take place.

They can block file transfers on any port if they wish to but odds are they use the basic catch-many settings and let the few odds & sods port changers alone as this saves them a lot of extra work loading on the throttling equipment or software.

If your working ok on some off-the-bat ports then simply stick with them unless theres a problem again, its not common for ISPS to block stuff below 1043 so if theres a further issue drop down as low as you wish, above port 80 / 81 though of course  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX without Windows  |  no up load no download

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx