gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 03:21:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Good to be back! Long time WinMx user, Why is it that I can't reconnect after
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Good to be back! Long time WinMx user, Why is it that I can't reconnect after  (Read 2572 times)

Offline slickhd

• Forum Member
 I Exit WinMx?  I have been having this issure for nearly 3weeks    Thank you any suggestions would be Grately appreciated!   Tc

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Hi slickhd

What is it you cant reconnect after ?

Have you installed Winmx and the connection patch from here ?

https://patch.winmxconex.com/ 

Are you using primary or secondary client in the network window ?

Have you allowed Winmx in your firewall, does your anti virus/security software  have its own firewall ?

Offline slickhd

• Forum Member
  Thank you for the reply, I'm back!  Hopefully my ISP does not use IDS ?  anymore as it is a hard thing to work around  I can't remember All the filetypes video so far I have .avi  .mkv .mpeg .mp4 .lv   Let me know if I have missed any  Thank you!

Offline slickhd

• Forum Member
   Unknown reason might be ISP is using IDS  and only lets me stay on for a short time then I get Booted OFF Mx and also winmxworld :( Primary  Connection  Firewall disabled   MXPie Patch 3.6  Yes firewall has been allowed in Windows firewall and also AVG

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Your not on xfinity are you ?

I ask this as we recently had an issue with a secret blocklist used in those routers, if you complain they will remove the annoyance.

Offline slickhd

• Forum Member
  Yes I Have Xfi ,  What can I possible do to remedy this annoyance?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Complain  8)

The user whom spoke to me recently noticed the strange effects after a router update and contacted their ISP and where quite specific about being aware of what sites and IP's they where blocking so they had no choice but to remove the block,

Start off with mentioning winmxworld and see what the response is, as I hope you know we dont encourage any illegal activity here and for that reason no one should be censoring us. This is a discussion forum after all.

Offline slickhd

• Forum Member
  Thank you for your reply, In regards to ISP might be blocking a user's IP to enter certain websites or servers,  Is there a work around ?  I'm uncertain here, I Will  Not mention winmxworld to ISP   If ISP asks,  What do we say __________ ?    Just want might sites to be unblocked ? 

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
You dont have to mention winmxworld if you dont want but I myself prefer to get straight to the point when a supplier is messing with something I pay for.

If you want to skirt around the issue you could simply say your having various connection issues and heard that a recent update might be the cause of the issue, this way if they confirm an update has recently taken place you could ask them to fix the issue by removing any internal blocklist that might have been added.

tbh when I was faced with such annoyances some years ago I used wacky port numbers below 1024 as those are usually designated to specific traffic and so less likely to suffer annoyances , give that a test first, WinMx has only a few ways to detect it and transfers is annoyingly one of the triggers as are the default port numbers, give that trick a try before annoying the isp and see if theres room for manouver.

Offline Rossi

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Your not on xfinity are you ?

I ask this as we recently had an issue with a secret blocklist used in those routers, if you complain they will remove the annoyance.

You're, as in you are.

https://www.econtentpro.com/blog/when-to-use-your-or-you%E2%80%99re/11

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Feel free to follow any grammer/spelling rules you want Rossi, when your an adult you get to choose what words you enjoy using and have the liberty of using them how you wish, I get the idea you have succumed to grammarly fever doing the rounds on youtube atm  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Good to be back! Long time WinMx user, Why is it that I can't reconnect after

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx