gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 06:55:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  Nushi Chat Client
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nushi Chat Client  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Nushi Chat Client
« on: May 14, 2020, 06:20:55 pm »
Anyone know if the Nushi chat was fixed to get a connection on Windows 10? I can run it on my XP VM but it will not get a wpn connection on Windows 10. Thanks guys

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Nushi Chat Client
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 09:14:31 pm »
Depending on the version you have the answer varies Camlan

I suspect you need to add the third party patch (Library for Third Party Applications) from the conex site

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Grab the ws2_32.dl file and place it in the Nushi Chat folder.

And as we have seen recently you might have to run as admin or set compatibility mode etc, it seems the same hurdles are all around us these days.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 04:28:13 pm »
Thanks, I tried both. Still doesn't connect to the WPN on Windows 10. I'll figure it out :D

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 04:56:44 pm »
I always have a firewall running and that gives me a clue as to whats going on most of the time, a connection to 216.x.x.x guarantees its an unpatched program, anything else needs a google.

What version of Nushi are you running ?

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 05:52:14 pm »
2.7 I got it from the already fixed programs from in the archives. Which firewall do you use? Maybe it's my firewall. I've never gotten a message asking me to unblock it. I'm using Windows firewall.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 03:22:52 am »
i have no firewall and it does not connect on its own... at least not 2.7e ... windows 10 protects system files so the winsock dll injection will not work on that OS... at all... the program must be modified... ...i fear the oledlg fix may fail in future versions of win 10 as well...

camlan; this is one you'll need to run in a VM... you'll need the ws2 patch ghostship mentioned but it will work only on older windows...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 04:51:50 am »
wow... i cant even get the winsock patch to work on win7.. the only way i can get nushi to connect is to use windows xp.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 08:10:51 am »
Fear not brothers ...  :D :D

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/hex_editing.html

That should fix the problem

Use one of these IP's or one of the DNS locations from the newly updated tutorial.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 02:56:15 pm »
wow thanks Ghostship! but It still looks complicated to do. but I'm going to give it a try! thanks so much!

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »
I've tried the Hex editor. It can't find the strings you suggested. I could be doing it incorrectly. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 03:27:36 pm »
That also gives me another idea. I could possibly find out if the hex editor will correct the problem with the RCMS dll files. if maybe that's why they aren't working in windows 10 on WinMX.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 04:05:38 pm »
A colleague suggested the string to look for is the one starting 64 as shown in the tutorial, simply look at the one thats nearest from the cache IP.s and hex the program up,  remembering to save afterwards of course  :)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 07:07:38 pm »
hey, I've searched both of them. Still can't find them in the hex. I've included a print screen. Thanks

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 07:40:12 pm »
I found the problem, as it was patched before the IP it wanted was one of the decommisioned ones and thus not easy to locate, anyway try this I have patched it for you .

(PS: the old string turned out to be 82.195.155.5 if you want to practice your hexing skills.)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 08:01:39 pm »
You are awesome! Thanks soo much! It works great! Now i can give this to all my friends to use! Thanks! XD

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 08:23:40 pm »
Your most welcome  :bow:

I do think its great to have a focus (winmx chat) to build new learning experiences around, when I first came to winmx I was a complete online noob, but after some months i learned many new helpful skills and folks led me the right way ahead, as long as we all put something back in terms of helping others in our turn all the effort is worthwhile, well done again for staying the course and sharing the network with others.

A very satisfactory ending. 8) 8) 8)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 08:27:51 pm »
Yes very much! I was adding more plugins. They are awesome. The only one that crashes it is the link plugin, I'm going to see what I can do with it. I'm going to try it in an older version of nushi on  my XP VM. see if it works there.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 04:16:54 am »
gs: we need a 'hexedited' directory in the archive that has the versions of the tools that see the most use patched to the newest ips... at this point in time (2020) i dont think the original authors would care... if they are even around to be found anymore... ... the ws2 patch needs a note on the website that says it only works with xp and older too...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 11:34:26 am »
I agree there is a need for such an activity, back in the day of the original crash I undertook src rebuilding / editing for those items that had the src available & hex editing for those items that had no clear author trail but given the time span since then a few things have changed and I hope demonstrate why we asked folks not to use static IP's in the first place , it is obvioulsy easier to swap a URL to another server than it is to have to edit up stuff every change but of course we had no choice in many cases given the fixed space within the excutable for editing.

The editing by hex takes little time however theres a paperwork trail on other items given that you have to mark any changes to open src and release the changes etc thus potentially neccesitating in some cases a whole new package release.

In the majority of  cases we took the simplest route and  issued either a stand alone exe file that had been updated or an installer that swapped the older version for a newer one that had been edited, and these are the types of update we placed in the archive.

If we have a list of files that require updating or rework then we could mark them with a new "2020" tag so folks could grab what they need, I am happy to do the work if others are happy to point out the relevant files.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 05:30:27 pm »
I'm going to try and learn more about hexediting. if you guys are willing to help me learn I'll do whatever you guys need me to do. Starting tonight I'm going to try and build a plugin for Nushichat. a link plugin that will actually work. I've been watching Youtube video's on how to do it. It might take me a little while but I'm going to keep trying. one of my friends has a friend willing to help. I'm also planning to build the RCMS dll's for windows 10. I hope you guys don't mind. I just want to try to help. I love WinMX. Thanks Cam

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Clients  |  Nushi Chat Client

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx