gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 01:20:39 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Testers Needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Testers Needed  (Read 3520 times)

KM

Testers Needed
« on: January 05, 2006, 03:54:42 pm »
The original 2.0 was going to have several key features that I won't go over here, I wrote it, but it had several... erm... bugs, so I ended up going back to the drawing board and I have written a much cleaner 2.0 that should actually work. The things I had planned (and written!) for 2.0 will now have to be in 3.0 (if i ever sort out the bugs, lol)

but for now the major change is that it now gets the block list from the peer cache rather than the web server (meaning much less code for downloading the list, meaning less potential for bugs! yay) and both versions of the patch now include the block list (although only the ws2_32.dll version loads the web page in the corner to notify of updates etc) - also modified the installer a little so it is now labeled 3.54 and 3.54 instead of NT and 9x, and it selects 3.53 for XP SP2 users with IE7 (which seems to cause provlems with the 3.54 version)

Full WinMX + Test version of 2.0 Patch:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/test/Install-2.0.exe

Just the Patch (if you already have WinMX):
https://www.winmxgroup.com/test/Install-2.0-noMX.exe

Any bugs please report them here... (obviously I doubt there will be any bugs with the patch as we know I never make things with bugs in, but bugs with your computer that cause errors with the patch :-D)

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Testers Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 05:07:47 pm »
hiya km i just tried the new fix  
i installed 3.54 for windows xp and when i run it it connects fine
but when i install bendmx 399a3 it wont connect no more and the patch op in the top left goes off
now when i tell it to install bendmx it says a older version of bendmx is installed so i tell it to leave it and not to uninstall older bendmx

i also tried it with bendmx 399a2 and got the same prob

KM

Testers Needed
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 05:10:11 pm »
that's because bendmx replaces ws2_32.dll (which would be the patch)

install bendmx, then install the patch over the top - the patch will detect bendmx and work around it, bendmx however was made before the patch so wouldn't know how to sort it out :-)

Anonymous

Testers Needed
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 06:17:29 pm »
When applying the new patch for 3.54 with bendmx can i just rename the  ws2_32.dll  to  ws2_32r.dll so it wont delete bendmx?

KM

Testers Needed
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 06:49:27 pm »
it won't delete bendmx, the installer should detect it and work around it (ie. it will save the patch as ws2_32r.dll itself) - the same as the current one

Anonymous

Testers Needed
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 07:08:50 pm »
thx km for the quick reply  8)

[ex] Shorty

Testers Needed
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 11:45:12 pm »
TheMacDaddy
Okay first of all I just switched DSL providers but before i did that i formated my hard drive so I could start off fresh. Well I lost WinMX. I had it on cd so I tried to put it back on here but when I try I get a NSIS Error. It says the installer is corrupted or incomplete. And that it may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch. I thought it might just be the file I was using but I went to a bunch of different sites and tried downloading winmx and still ran into the same problem I tried to download the pie patch and it says the same damn thing. I don't know whats going on. I just know I need help. If anybody can help me or give me some advice on fixing this please e-mail me at shorty_5@msn.com.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Testers Needed
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 11:58:58 pm »
Shorty,
Have a look here where I have already answered this post.  Let me know there please how you get along.

http: //forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=8419#8419

KM

Testers Needed
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 05:22:48 am »
no more bugs with that 2.0?  i got one small bug reported by 7en (reported in a chat room) - a fixed 2.0 has been uploaded (same URL) - try downloading it again and testing the fixed one :-)

erm, sorry, i mean, a feature was reported in a chat room so i have modified it to not include that feature, i nearly forgot my software doesn't have bugs

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Testers Needed
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 10:21:25 am »
No random features here so far  8)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

cinsel

Testers Needed
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 10:44:19 am »
he hoi,

he king marco ik zag dat jij nederlands ben kan jij me dan misschien vertellen in het nederlands wat nou precies de beste versie van winmx is om te downloaden??
een tijdje geleden deed hij namelijk heel vreemd en elke keer als ik dan online was ging ie na een paar minuten weer offline met een error waarschuwing.
nu heb ik (volgens mij???) een oude versie er op zitten die ik opnieuw erop heb gezet na alles van winmx eraf te hebben gehaald. maar nu weet ik dus niet of dat nou wel helemaal goed is??
misschien kan jij me vertellen wat de beste versie is??
het is niet dat ik geen engels kan maar ik zie door de bomen het bos ff niet meer.

bedankt alvast

greetz  

cinsel

7en (aka 5t)

Testers Needed
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 11:04:52 am »
An undocumented feature eh... lmao ;)

Nice one, I'll grab the newer version now...

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Testers Needed
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 12:35:19 pm »
Quote from: nylly444
No random features here so far  8)

lol

KM

Testers Needed
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 02:38:37 pm »
anyone fancy translating cinsel's post? lol - was also emailed to me, no idea how to answer someone if i don't know what they are saying :-P

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Testers Needed
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 03:13:37 pm »
he king marco I saw that you Dutch are you can tell me then perhaps in Dutch what nou exactly the best version of winmx is download??
some time ago he did, as it happens, complete strangely and each time if I was then online went ie after a couple minutes offline with error warning.
now I have (according to me) an old version on sits there which I have put again after everything of winmx eraf to have obtained. but now weet I therefore not or that nou, however, entirely well?? are
perhaps you can tell me what the best version is??
it is not that I am possible none English but I no longer see ff by the trees the bunch.

thanks in advance

thats the best i can do km sorry     but it does give you the jist of what cinsels post is

cinsel

Testers Needed
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 04:00:18 pm »
sorry I thought youre dutch

whatever thanx anyway.

greetz cinsel

Offline 7

• Forum Member
Testers Needed
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 05:58:05 pm »
I think he means,

er König marco ich sah, daß, das Sie Holländer Sie sind mir dann auf Holländer möglicherweise erklären können, welches nou genau die beste Version von winmx Download? ist? einiger Zeit er, wie sie geschieht, durchführt merkwürdig und jede Zeit, wenn ich dann ging online sein, IE, nachdem ein Paar indirekt mit Störung Warnung jetzt mich, haben aufsetzt (entsprechend mir) eine alte Version sitzt dort an, die ich wieder mich nachdem alles von winmx eraf, gesetzt habe vor erhalten zu haben aber jetzt weet I folglich nicht oder dieses nou jedoch völlig Brunnen?? möglicherweise sind Sie können mir erklären, was die beste Version? ist? es ist, nicht daß ich englische keine möglich bin, aber ich nicht mehr FF durch die Bäume das Bündel sehe. Dank im voraus

greetz

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Testers Needed
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 06:10:13 pm »
huh?
why that garbled up german?
Online translators suck anyway :P

Cinsel:
I don't speak dutch but I'm german so I'm able to read dutch a bit.
If I understand this right you installed winmx 3.53 because of the crashing.
And now you are confused and don't know which version to use anymore?

The crashing of 3.54 has been fixed by KM. It is still the best and most stable version there is, even if it is a beta version.
We recommend using that again now.
Hope this helps a bit :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

7en

Testers Needed
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 07:42:47 pm »
Just a bad joke. ;)

KM, the DLL seems good here now other than the odd socket hanging about in a LAST_ACK state sometimes after exiting the client (which clears itself eventually).

KM

Testers Needed
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 04:16:40 am »
ok, no bugs? good...

2.0 released, https://www.winmxgroup.com/ to download the released 2.0 :-)

and thread locked as the testing is over, of course any bugs with the released one you know how to report them (unfortunately)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Testers Needed

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx