gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 06:31:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  K ... I'm lost ...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: K ... I'm lost ...  (Read 2846 times)

angusdhu404

K ... I'm lost ...
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:04:36 pm »
Hi Me Here,

I've used WinMX for a couple years now ... was heartbroken last Sept., and THRILLED to happen accross this site today ... thanks for being here.

Operating system                 (Windows 98)
- Internet connection type         (DSL)
- WinMX Version                    (3.31/3.53 tried both)
- Secondary or primary user - tried both
- What make of firewall you have - Sygate Personal Pro
- Router brand and model - none
- Any WinMX add-ons installed - none

Had 3.31 installed still ... (just in case I ever found something like this site) ... tried patch Install-2.0-noMX ... not good ... read posts, host file was never changed (has localhost entry and adsubtract entry to same number "for autodial" only) ran Install-2.0 over existing ... not good ... uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled Install-2.0, choosing v3.53 for Win98 ... rebooted, removed rule for WinMX from Sygate ... remade rule allowing all from WinMX ... ran Install-2.0-noMX again ... tried changing ports, flushing DNS (even though Win98) ... rebooted ... ad nauseum ...

Setup successfully tests TCP, etc., says finished, ran setup again to be sure ... same *$@? flashing yellow light, no connection ... does NOT say anything about patch in upper left ...

What'd I miss? ... would LOVE to rejoin community ... please help?

Thanks,

Angusdhu404

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:16:01 pm »
Possibly Norton AV 2005, if so check in the internet worm protection that winmx is set to allow, also double check, MANY dsl modems ARE routers also, without saying so..
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 03:26:01 pm »
Hi Angus,
Welcome to the site, and most of all welcome back to WinMx.

As you may know there are newer versions of WinMx, 3.53 and 3.54. This doesnt mean you have to adjust to those if you dont want.

If you would like to install the newer version you can do that easily by grabing this file https://www.winmxgroup.com/test/Install-2.0.exe

This will give you WinMx 3.53 for your 98 system.

The install 2.0 no-MX.exe will install an olepro32.dll into the winmx folder of your program files. Have a look there and see if that file is there.  It may be that your WinMx is labeled something different and its not installing correctly also.

If you still have troubles let me know.  We can also always get your WinMX v3.31 back for you later, so installing the new mx version may be what we have to do to get you back into the community..

angusdhu404

tried that, thanks ...
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 03:49:23 pm »
Sorry ... my post must not have been clear ... No Norton ... Anti-Vir v6.0 runs real time, as do Adsubtract and a couple monitors from The Cleaner ... HOWEVER ... I have tried all both with them running and without ... evenh though they all got along with WinMX before all this fuss ...

Also apparently unclear above ... I have already tried Install-2.0, and presently have v3.53 installed ... the .dll is in the folder, by the way ... I have tried everything I could find so far on this site, especially the posted "try this first" stuff ... hope that helps, and saves some time ...

Thanks for the AMAZINGLY quick replies!

Still not working,
angusdhu404

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 05:10:43 pm »
Sorry Angus,
Been a long day here.. i just misunderstood your first post.

Ok, have you ever tried any other patches before now?
I know you may have tried this already but did you reboot the entire computer?

The dsl modem may require ports to be forwarded but its not likely to cause WinMX not to connect.  
If the olepro32.dll patch is in the same folder as your WinMX.exe file, then I am not sure where else to turn on this yet..

But I am thinking..

angusdhu404

Thanks for thinking ...
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 05:59:57 pm »
Ok, have you ever tried any other patches before now?

No ... none

I know you may have tried this already but did you reboot the entire computer?

Yes ... lots

Thanks for continuing to think of an answer, I'd SO like this to work ... <g> ...

angusdhu404

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 06:01:49 pm »
Oh Angus.. it so will.. I have 100% success rate <huge Grins>  but it may be tomorow before i have an answer.. lol

Click on my signature, this will take you to the WinMxGroup site.

Get the file called Install 1.9.exe for me.. this should be the same as the Install 2.0 but since I cant explain why that one didnt work, well its worth a shot to do this one instead..

Install if for 98/ME or 9x operating  system.. like i said, i will be gone for a bit so will check back here tomorow to see how that went for you..

Anonymous

K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 06:46:27 pm »
Well ... thanks for the thought ... maybe I'm retarded, but the only three "download" links at that site (where I D/L'd Install-2.0 and Intall-2.0-noMX) lead to version 2.0 ... no referrence or link to v1.9 that I can find ...

While I was away, just to be sure, I uninstalled WinMX (v3.53 w/patch), rebooted twice, ran three registry cleaning programs, rebooted again, reinstalled v3.53 (only this time), canceled out the configuration dialog, ran the patch (Install-2.0-noMX), started only Sygate firewall and DSL, Removed referrence to the app in Sygate, let the WinMX cofiguration dialog run, re-allowed in Sygate ... again config successfully tested it's ability to access TCP but will not connect to network as Primary or Secondary ...

Took screen caps of firewall traffic and firewall ok screen and will post if it helps ... they show ports and addresses, etc. ...

Thanks for the tenacity, see you here tomorrow ...

Thanks many again,
Angus

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 08:09:51 pm »
old version of the patch is here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/install_1.9.exe

try installing that for win98/me and let us know....
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

c2R

K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 08:45:34 pm »
Angus, do you know how to completely disable the sygate firewall temporarily to see if that's blocking your ports from forwarding?

You could also try as a temporary measure telling winmx that you are behind a very restrictive firewall, then it may be difficult to upload and download, but at least you'd be able to connect and we'd be one step closer to figuring it out....

Anonymous

K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 04:37:52 am »
Thanks for the link, I'll try it tomorrow morning before I check back ...

Yes, I do know how to disable the firewall, and have done so several times ... no luck, no joy ...

Will try the WinMX config suggestion too before I return ...

Thanks,
Angus

angusdhu404

YAY!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 12:38:53 pm »
The 1.9 version works!! Well, I might add ...

THANK YOU
                   THANK YOU
                                      THANK YOU
                                                         THANK YOU!!

I appreciate ALL the help, and the work you've done for the community ...

I am one HAPPY camper <BIG grin> ...

Angus

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 01:20:27 pm »
BIG Grin here too,

Now theoretically you should be able to install the 2.0 upgrade with no problems.. thats up to you..

angusdhu404

advantages
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 06:25:56 pm »
Well, I'm a risk taker, what would be the reward/advantages of v2.0 - vs- - v1.9?

I O U
Thanks,
Angus

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 08:10:04 pm »
The advantage would be that the patch version 2.0 for win98 now calls on the block list too.
So far only the patch version for xp could do that, so you'd automatically be protected ;)
You could simply copy the olepro32.dll from your winmx folder to another folder of your choice as a backup, then install patch 2.0.
If that doesn't work you could simply replace the new version of that .dll with your backup copy.
Let us know if it works please :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

angusdhu404

K
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 08:28:45 pm »
I'll do so ... means I hava to shut it off though, and I'm in the middle of a big transfer, don't want to lose my place in the Que ... will do so and report back by tomorrow am ... I think that's afternoon where you seem to be ...

Thanks,
Back soon
Angus

angusdhu404

Test NG
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 02:08:27 pm »
Hiya,

Did as suggested, ran patch Intall-2.0-noMX.exe ... won't connect ... placed new .dll (32k) into seperate folder, replaced w/ copy of v1.9 olepro32.dll (24k) ... works perfectly ... well ... connects and such perfectly ...

Seperate issue ... finished D/L of 735+Meg .avi ... program showed correct increase in size right to end, showed complete ... file on drive is only 718Meg and still named:

__INCOMPLETE___(Movie) A***P***B***C*** (2005) (Full) STV. DVDRip. XVID1b3ae7abb559349f598c5ae09b5ddcb22bc87800

but the program will not load it as an incomplete file ... it shows total time in player as 1:27 min. but quits at 42 min. ...

I'll be happy to do any more testing, etc. that you'd like ... while I cannot write this level of code, I am a pc tech, and proficient in many areas ... use me if you think I can be of help ...

I'm going to try that D/L again ... hopefully it'll complete this time ... and be in English ... <sheepish grin> ...

Angus

angusdhu404

P.S.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 02:39:20 pm »
Interestingly, after the above, I again ran WinMX, went to incoming folder to move above file to another folder (thus not to share a bad file) and found it now renamed to:

[DivX-ITA] A******** P** B*** C***.2005

but still wrong size, etc. ...

again, hope this in some way helps ...

Angus

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 03:18:26 pm »
Hey Angus,
Okay well that is just strange about the non connection.  Your still on WinMx 3.53 now tho yes?

As for the file I have theories why its a problem, but would rather pm you about it, however your not a member that i can see..  :cry:

No that is not a cheap ploy to gain members.. lol

Anyway pop by the room sometime and we can talk about ways to avoid that file problem.

WinMxWorld.com_FC6C81561A2A

angusdhu404

K ... I'm lost ...
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 04:28:09 pm »
Hey,

Your still on WinMx 3.53 now tho yes?

Yes

I'm a member now ... good idea ...

Thanks again (xmany)

Angus[/quote]

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  K ... I'm lost ...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx