gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 09:27:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I can't download anything...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I can't download anything...  (Read 1143 times)

Syokhan

I can't download anything...
« on: January 14, 2006, 04:33:42 pm »
Hello! Here's my problem :

I've been trying to get WinMX to work for the past few days. So far, uploads are fine, but downloads refuse to work. The best I can get is 'attempting to connect to user' (or something like that), and after that, the file goes red. I can get into queues but that's all.
I've tried this with a lot of different files, and the result is always the same. I'm also using the -user command.

I don't understand what's wrong. I'm on secondary connection, with 'unable to send/receive UDP data' and 'unable to accept incoming TCP connections' enabled (when I try to use the ports, even forwarded, nothing works). XP firewall is disabled.

Could someone help me figure out what I should do to make my downloads work, please? I'm getting a bit desperate ^^;

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 05:29:50 pm »
Hi Syokhan,

Humm..Ok.
Lets start with the filtering of fakes.

Make sure any searches your doing you use the filters -user.  

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/filtering_fakes.html

The example there shows both -c: -user being used, and until a few months ago the -c: was useful,  at this time its not being used by the companies that do the flooding so using the -user on ALL searches works best.

Also, try visiting a chat room on WinMx, if you have never used the Chat functions before its easy enough.  Just click on Chat then say yes to the 'Warning'.. then find a room of interest.  If you dont see one or are worried stop by ours so that someone can test your downloads for you.

WinMxWorld.com_FC6C81561A2A

Copy and  paste that into the filter bar and click join.  Just tell them you were sent to test your downloads and if someone is around they will help ya out.

Usually in most cases port problems affect uploads not downloads, so hopefully knowing you have real sources will make a difference.

Let me know..

Syokhan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 06:46:22 pm »
Hey, it's me again.

I'm currently trying the chatrooms, but I also discovered that I cannot send messages (grrrr), I get an error : 'remote system did not acknowledge the message'. What does that mean?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 07:12:11 pm »
That is probably just my pm's being evil to you.. but it happens when someone goes offline or is changing primary.

Its not fun, but its not unusual either..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I can't download anything...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx