gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:38:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Nobby Banned From Site
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nobby Banned From Site  (Read 1874 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Nobby Banned From Site
« on: January 15, 2006, 11:56:14 am »
Folks as some of you know I often get into heated debates over on Vladds forum while asking them to take action regarding the flooding.

Today Nobby decided to start telling lies about the site here claiming I have deleted and locked his posts, this is not true and In a previous thread I did warn him I would not sit by and let him make personal attacks on me or the site.

If anyone has any questions they would like to ask regarding this matter Feel free to ask them here and I will give honest replies to them, I actually feel rather disgusted he would stoop to such a level.

Sorry for burdening you with this upsetting news but I have no secrets from you all.

Anonymous

Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 12:01:23 pm »
Nooooooooobersssss get hold of ya man boobers please be aman don gosssip

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 12:58:02 pm »
Ghost i stand by and respect your call.

Whatever your reasons as far as i am concenered they are yours and you have no need to explain them to me.

I always have and always will support winmxworld 100% and what it stands for because even a man like me who is not that in the know on winmx still understands that what this site stands for is in the best interrests of winmx and all its users.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 11:26:31 pm »
Why did you ban him?I know you said he lied but people have also said you lied on there forum and they didn't ban you.

They have censored you , but they haven't banned you.
Which I didn't approve of when they did censor you.

It too bad both team can't get along , it seems all that both groups do is flame on each other, name calling ect..acting like a bunch of children fighting over there favourite toy (WinMX).
What is it like 4-5 month later and both groups are still fighting that is ridiculous.
I'm sure the RIAA is having a good laugh at us all with all the fighting between the 2 groups who have created patches to reconnect to WinMX.

I do agree it's important to block the cartels and it's good to see that Vladd's forum finally created tutorials on setting up PeerGaurdian to block the RIAA/MPAA for newbies who don't know how to install it & to add the block list.finally after months of people from this forum asking them.
It would've been nice if they did that like 3-4 months ago. :roll:
If they did do that maybe more people would be reconnected to WinMX and blocking the RIAA and there would be less or no fighting between both groups now.I'm sure a lot of people saw all the fighting an said f.ck  this and probably moved on to other p2p networks.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:47:00 am »
I banned him as I had given him a warning on here previously that if he made a personal attack on myself or the site then it was not in the interests of winmx users or myself to have to wade through it when more productive matters could be taking place.

I would ask you a simple question and leave it at that p2p, if I do not go there to argue the case for anti flooding do you think it would be something they would concern themselves with ?

This has nothing to do with the patches and I am disappointed you do not seem to have read my posts on vladds, In each one I make it clear my problem is with them not protecting the network.

Anyway cheers for saying your bit here I am relying on you all a lot to let me know what action we can take and how, my efforts to bring about first a private and then a public  solution are it seems a waste of good time.

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 04:27:18 pm »
Quote from: GhostShip
I banned him as I had given him a warning on here previously that if he made a personal attack on myself or the site then it was not in the interests of winmx users or myself to have to wade through it when more productive matters could be taking place.

I've seen you and other members from here do the samething on Vladd's forum too, personnal attacks against PIE team/forum members & their forum /site on their forum.

I would ask you a simple question and leave it at that p2p, if I do not go there to argue the case for anti flooding do you think it would be something they would concern themselves with ?

No probably not likely.At least now they have the info on their forum on how to block the cartels.It's a start & about time.
It would better if they incorporated a blocklist into their patch, which I believe is what you want.
I don't know why they don't do that, they claim it's for political reasons, sound more like a excuse to me.
So PIE Team why don't you include a blocklist with your patch so Ghostship doesn't have to keep bugging your forum/ site about it? :P

This has nothing to do with the patches and I am disappointed you do not seem to have read my posts on vladds, In each one I make it clear my problem is with them not protecting the network.

I have read your posts over their and yes I know it wasn't about the patches. It was about them not doing anything about blocking the flooding & DOS attacks against WinMX.I was talking in general ever since WinMX was shutdown and since the resurrection it seems both groups are fighting about something either about the patches, supposed attacks against each others forum/site, blocklist ect..

Why can't both groups agree to work together for the betterment of the WinMX community It's beyond me.

United We Win. Divided They Win.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 04:57:49 pm »
With all due respect to P2P and others that have voiced concerns over the rift between our site and the pie fix site.
I just want to say for the record once and for all on this fighting subject.

Dont share files, secondaries should disconnect from the network!!
Our Peer caches are blocking secondaries to allow the primaries to catch up!!
We should attack the dll! We have to get it off of users machines!!
We are removing the links to tutorials and any references about what Peer Guardian is for, along with any advice about blocking.
We are for blocking them, but until the perfect solution can be found we are not going to recommend it to users.

If anyone thinks that this site is going to sit back and allow the pre-Pie and Pie team to continue to demolish this network unabated with detrimental advise they are WRONG!

I am sorry that folks see this as fighting, but I love this network, and I have every step of the way pointed out where I thought the advice they where giving was wrong or damaging.

I dont want to fight either, but your preaching to the chior P2P, ...

This is a sharing network made to encompass secondary and primary connections alike to strengthen it, blocking secondaries only allowed more flooding of already strained primaries, the media companies dont use the peer caches so they where only blocking legit users.  The mind set of the get rid of the dll was more then just removing it for thier patch to work as has been made obvious by visits to the room (Please remove the dll before entering ty).  We have never said there wasnt a place for both patches, and removing the peer guardian links and information in a fit of pissedness has left us all in a deep hole that I honestly dont know if WinMx can recover from.  And its only purpose has so far been to further make it impossible to actually get rid of the riaa because daily more users are getting connected using the pie patch and are uninformed about the flooding at all, only to leave later frustrated by the fakes and connection problems.

Please tell me why I wouldnt fight this absurdness?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 05:14:41 pm »
Have I removed or edited posts as Nobby claimed I did ?

Have I edited any links to the pie or Vladds site using the forum word replace function.

Have I started the personal attacks ?

I believe I have not , I have replied in kind and would be more than happy not to visit Vladds again ... one small problem with that is they are still connecting flooders to the network using "how to join instructions" on both their sites not mentioning how to protect themselves and the rest of us.  

I will not be happy until they take action and to say I would be would involve telling lies.

ñòóKýçrÕôK

Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 11:57:50 pm »
Quote from: Me Here
With all due respect to P2P and others that have voiced concerns over the rift between our site and the pie fix site.
I just want to say for the record once and for all on this fighting subject.

Dont share files, secondaries should disconnect from the network!!
Our Peer caches are blocking secondaries to allow the primaries to catch up!!
We should attack the dll! We have to get it off of users machines!!
We are removing the links to tutorials and any references about what Peer Guardian is for, along with any advice about blocking.
We are for blocking them, but until the perfect solution can be found we are not going to recommend it to users.

If anyone thinks that this site is going to sit back and allow the pre-Pie and Pie team to continue to demolish this network unabated with detrimental advise they are WRONG!

I am sorry that folks see this as fighting, but I love this network, and I have every step of the way pointed out where I thought the advice they where giving was wrong or damaging.

I dont want to fight either, but your preaching to the chior P2P, ...

This is a sharing network made to encompass secondary and primary connections alike to strengthen it, blocking secondaries only allowed more flooding of already strained primaries, the media companies dont use the peer caches so they where only blocking legit users.  The mind set of the get rid of the dll was more then just removing it for thier patch to work as has been made obvious by visits to the room (Please remove the dll before entering ty).  We have never said there wasnt a place for both patches, and removing the peer guardian links and information in a fit of pissedness has left us all in a deep hole that I honestly dont know if WinMx can recover from.  And its only purpose has so far been to further make it impossible to actually get rid of the riaa because daily more users are getting connected using the pie patch and are uninformed about the flooding at all, only to leave later frustrated by the fakes and connection problems.

Please tell me why I wouldnt fight this absurdness?

This why your advice on using the "-user" in search was helpfull because it's already been established that the secondaries aren't capable of blocking the flooder IP's anyway. But if you could please put what you meant about removing the seconaries from the network in a way that I can understand cause I'm not sure I read you right.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 06:09:35 am »
Just for the record, i have never lied, although i did jump on a silly bandwagon once, i issued a full public appolgy for that action, so im not sure what "lie" Ghost refers too.

Also it should be pointed out AGAIN, i was one of the ones over at Pie that was pushing for blocking, i eventually got my way, the thanks i get? a winmxworld ban.

Pointless ban anyway, as i simply connected from one of my lesser used IP's, so i only saw this as some sort of silly publicity stunt.

Quote from: p2p rules
Quote from: GhostShip
I banned him as I had given him a warning on here previously that if he made a personal attack on myself or the site then it was not in the interests of WinMx users or myself to have to wade through it when more productive matters could be taking place.

I've seen you and other members from here do the samething on Vladd's forum too, personnal attacks against PIE team/forum members & their forum /site on their forum.

lol yes p2p its a double standard , Ghost expects to be able to visit Vladds forum, abuse users, condem the site, vladd, the pie team, post to the point of spamming, and get away with it, his justification has always been he can get away with it, because Vladd promotes free speach, as he has said b4 this site makes no such claim, convienently allowing him to ban-delete-edit anything he wishes without the need for justification. And the stupidity of it is, he claims his goal was to push the pie team into blocking, and two thing strike me here:

1. After achieving that goal and promising several times he has no business there, he still returns -  he broke his promise.

2. One of the few users in Pie he has direct access to (msn) and was aware would support his stance on blocking and push Pie from within to achieve this, he turned around and banned from his site, odd. (thats me btw) - oh and for the record, i said all along it would take sometime, as i didnt have direct access to the sites concerned, there is also more plans on blocking being worked on, its not finished yet - i kept my promise.

The whole flaming battle began with Ghost, he started it early on with some unbeleivable rants (hes now deleted them) had it not been for Ghosts lack of understanding for the principals of diplomacy he would by now have been in charge of both projects and could have easily united the effort, and with much support. He also ignored plees fromn myself and others to calm down in channel. That must really annoy him, had he just been able to hold it together and show a little decorum and class he would almost certainly have been running pie by now, as vladd had no desire to continue.

I speak the truth, Ghost would have been my choice to take over the whole project of resurecting Winmx, right now he should be running a huge team with one common goal, none of the infighting would have occured, and we would have been presenting a united front, so if users wish to place blame for the fighting, it my opinion it was a week or so of Ghosts messed up diplomacy that has taken us to the point we at now.

A terrible shame to waste such a talent Ghost, but at least you showed your floor early on, that may just have worked out the best for everyone.

Ps. this is not a pie statement, just my thoughts and opinions, please also note this is on topic, this is winmx relevant, it is also not intended as a personal attack on Ghost, simply the facts and my thoughts..

KM

Nobby Banned From Site
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 10:12:04 am »
I have locked this thread as I can see this being a thread that could quickly go out of control, everyone has said something, knobby is unbanned, so there isn't any need for anyone to add to this thread.

The only followups I can imagine to this thread would likely end in another argument, and as has been pointed out several times this is a help forum not a argument forum.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Nobby Banned From Site

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx