gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 05:37:10 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX Server 1.3.5 Issues - Please Help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FX Server 1.3.5 Issues - Please Help  (Read 2052 times)

Tympanicman

FX Server 1.3.5 Issues - Please Help
« on: January 18, 2006, 12:29:27 am »
I am running Windows SBS 2003 as a domain controler and have a Windows Server 2003 Standard edition running in the tree. (Same Forest) the Windows Server 2003 has 2 PIII 1Ghz processors and 512mb of RIMM.  I am running the FX server on it.  I have no firewall on the 2003 Standard box. I have net work conectivity and internet access.  I have assigned Port 6698 TCP to the FX server <<< IS this correct??  and I can run FX server it will connect to all the HOSTS and will show up in the Room lists but no one can enter.  I do have a Firewall on the SBS 2003 but the port 6698 is open to TCP traffic.   The SBS 2003 is using NAT and I have a XP pro box also hooked to the SBS2003 and have no port issus with it so I am not sure its the NAT     Anyone with some help would be welcomed...  Thank you... :D

KM

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 04:15:46 am »
if you are behind a NAT firewall then you will need to forward the ports to the correct system, otherwise the connections will not go to the correct system - the reason one computer is able to work without forwarding ports is because it is more than likely set as the DMZ host so all traffic goes to that system

Tympanicman

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 04:28:49 am »
Thank you, you have confirmed my suspicion in this matter. Might you be familiar with that NAT found in SBS 2003, as I have been pulling my hair out trying to do just that...Forward those ports to the machine running the FX server...
I can even set you up an admin account on the server and have you show me if you have the time and are so inclined, maybe??

KM

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:29:18 am »
i assume that SBS is the same as standard in this regard, so...

on the system with the connection go to network connections, then properties for that connection, then under advanced go to settings (under windows firewall) then on the advanced tab of that, then select the internet connection from the list and select settings... then add the port forwarding there

would be easier to get a nice simple hardware NAT router with a nice web interface, lol (would probably also be more reliable)

Tympanicman

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 07:59:49 am »
No sorry the SBS stands for Small Business Server 2003  not to be confused with 2003 Server which SBS server has in it but also includes in the package exchange server, sharepoint services server, media streaming server, etc etc. its the whol;e ball of wax so to say. As far as the NAT I wish it was that simple, if it was I would not be posting here, lol.

I was doing some more reading and it may be the way the IP information is store in the MX Packet request that is not allowing it to transverse the NAT.   Will let you know...

KM

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 07:41:10 pm »
small buisiness server is just a majorly bloated version of windows 2003 server from what i saw... i gave up trying to install it after 2 days, lol

Tympanicman

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 12:38:58 pm »
I have been running it now for about a year maybe. anyway I have to say I am very impressed with it. I can hiot my server from anywhere on the web and sign in to any clients I have running or any servers running on the domain I set up. Keep in mind it took me about 2 months to learn how to config things to work, like the NAT but it does work and I mean its great. I love the share point services etc. You might want to consider giving it another chance.    I still have not figured out my FX server problem, but I think its in the data grams. I may have to move the server (The FX one ) to the SBS box and move all my other goodies over to the 2003 standard box...    Anyway if you want I will set you up an accout on the sever if you care to look around and see if might want to use it. I can say I realy enjoy using it.  I will however end up reloading the SBS box at some point here because I failed to register my mail server and exchange server does not like what I have put in and it does not realy work, I can send mail and recive mail localy but not in the normal sence, so I will get and register my own mail domain at some point and go from there... other than that there are a few other small things I would do diffrent , but thays why we learn right...  I am a better tech and sys op for my venture, thats what counts, right??
 :D

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 05:32:38 am »
router?
- Josh

Tympanicman

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 04:32:43 pm »
router?     <<<  Whats that mean?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 05:18:07 pm »
I had a similar issue trying to use the NAT built into Windows 2000 Server, what I eventually determined was that even though correctly (as far as i could determine) configured to do so, UDP packets were not forwarded to any box behind the NAT server..

I'm afraid I took the lazy way out & bought an inexpensive hardware router, which once (far more easily) configured, solved all my problems.....
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FX Server 1.3.5 Issues - Please Help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx