gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 01:31:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Can't connect since upgraded to broadband....help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't connect since upgraded to broadband....help  (Read 1346 times)

musicman123

Can't connect since upgraded to broadband....help
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:58:53 am »
:(

Hi,

I upgraded to broadband just on 12 months ago, then Winmx died (glad its back) but I have troubles getting a primary connection (and secondary connection is really slow).

I have a netcom nb3 modem/router, system is an AMD 2500 plus, windows XP Professional, firewall is zone alarm pro (which could be a sticking point). I've tried the various ways to configure the modem and zone alarm pro, but I must be missing something vital, cause I still come up showing can't get TCP/UPD connections straight up.

I'm at the end of my tether, can someone please help me, I love my broadband, hate Kazaa, to much junk and not reliable with files etc and would dearly love to get this working properly.

I thank you in anticipation and thanks for getting Winmx back up and going.

Musicman.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:05:22 am »
Musicman,

The test that gives you that message is in the setup wizard portion of WinMX and is more then likely not going to show up as able to make that TCP, because WinMX is hard programed atm to check that by going to the old peer caches.

That said this doesnt mean we cant get you configured right.  First of all when you do start Winmx as a primary what does it say at the top of the screen?
P= and S= ?
Also what ports did you set in WinMx and the Modem?
Did you set two ports in the modem?  seperately one for TCP and one for UDP, specific ports no ranges?
Zone Alarm has been known to cause some folks problems, and many folks not, but until it was uninstalled and the uploads started working did we know for sure :S

I am wondering do you get search results?  Do you get S= numbers ?
Do your uploads work?

ALso what is your Connection type and the company your with?

musicman123

My connection problem
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 05:58:53 am »
Hello and thanks for the advise.

Have now managed to get a secondary connection up and running, when I try the primary, it tells me I can't get TCP/UDP ports working. Have changed firewalls to Sygate which is letting winmx work with secondary connection. Am going away for a couple of weeks, will have a look at the router firewall upon my return, it is supposed to be set up so as not to block anything, but it could be the case that I have to actually set this up.

Many thanks for your help   :D :P

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 04:07:33 pm »
Musicman,
please check your settings and make sure you have both incoming tcp and in/out udp packets enabled and a port set in settings > internet connection.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Can't connect since upgraded to broadband....help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx