gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76786 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 28, 2024, 11:18:18 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMonitor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MXMonitor  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
MXMonitor
« on: May 01, 2005, 09:31:49 pm »
I havent used MXMonitor once but does it work?
- Josh

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
MXMonitor
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 03:56:19 am »
Yes Josh  :D It works great for managing your uploads on WinMX.  Its also got a great feature of allowing your friends to get "Auto Uploads" from you if your not around too...

For more information and to get it go to MXMonitor

Give it a try I highly Recommend this one... :wink:

NewB

Re: MXMonitor
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:52:00 pm »
Quote from: Josh
I havent used MXMonitor once but does it work?

Sometimes.

Mxmonitor is many things to many people.  Some features are useful, some I consider detrimental to a sharing community, like the automated 'i don't trust you' revenge/disconnect options.

If your primary interest is to filter out some of those who share few or even 0 files, be aware that this mxm function has a bug that prevents it from working under certain, common circumstances.  Many people over time have reported finding people downloading who share 0 files..

I finally figured out how and why mxm fails.  It does the 'whois' test for sharing info on the wrong user.  Sometimes.  Here is when and why it fails:

IF you have multiple fixed slots allocated in winmx settings,

AND 1 or more slots is available

AND 1 or more file requests are in the queue [multiple requests from a DLing user that are stacked]

THEN when a new users requests a file, mxm will do the whois on the wrong user, one that has already been tested for sharing and passed.

mxm tests the LAST user on the UL transfer screen, which in this case is NOT the LATEST user requesting a file.  Since a slot is available, their request bypasses the queue and jumps right to the transfer section of the list.

Only if all available fixed slots are filled does mxm accidentally test the right user for sharing.

Leechammer can be used as a backup for this.  It scans all those downloading on each cycle and can cancel out those that mxm misses.

Another option is to set the winmx fixed slots to 1 and then use the dynamic slot controls of mxm and LH to open multiple slots as needed.  That way it forces mxm to test the right user but still eliminates the 1-slot bottleneck.  Used correctly, mxm and LH together can open additional slots dynamically to allow queue bypass for small files, files for friends by nick, and when UL bw is sitting idle.

Avoid being a slot miser by using just 1 fixed slot [or worse, the infamous 0-slot hack] and not activating dynamic slot controls.  How many total slots you allow is affected by the type of files you share, your UL bw speed and the need to avoid bottlenecks.  Using the dynamic slot controls is like adding passing lanes as needed when traffic in one lane is backed up.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
MXMonitor
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:52:16 am »
Thats a great post packed with information and good advice NewB, well done  8)
My personal policy is to not bother about the leeches and just let the folks ride there way up the que, without using any que manager, but this is to make sure newbies get a "grub stake" to help them start out sharing  :D

Used sensibly like you advise they are great tools.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
MXMonitor
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 02:17:09 am »
the biggest problem with WinMX isn't the leechers with 0 files. it is the users with 1 upload slot. if you have a broadband connection that can upload at 32k/s, and 1 upload slot, then a slow user will stuck up that 1 slot, and stuck up the whole queue. I've seen users with 2000+ good files, yea, it's fine that they are sharing what they have, but how does that help when there are 100 users in the queue and 1 upload slot?  :roll: 1 upload slot doesn't help yourself in any way, it will not make your connection faster, it will just make other users not get your files. it's just that when users install WinMX, they simply set the upload slots to "1", without thinking any further. 6..5..4..3..2..1..1.. oh, 0 didn't work, well, I'll leave it at 1 then... Think about that  :(

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
MXMonitor
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 04:32:23 am »
I agree with u there, the only ppl who should have 1 slot open is ppl with a 56k or a slower speed connection.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMonitor

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx