gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:14:10 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Ud-deletable file
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ud-deletable file  (Read 3637 times)

toneyp1

Ud-deletable file
« on: July 21, 2005, 04:17:41 pm »
I have gotten files that will not delete...anyone know how to get around this problem

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 08:34:05 pm »
Hi Toneyp1,
Sounds like you have a nasty on your machine..

Best thing to do is run your adaware and spybot and antivirus programs while your computer is in safe mode, this allows you to remove programs or files that are in use during normal operations...

Starting In Safe Mode

Let us know how your doin..

IamJane

Ud-deletable file
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 04:34:52 am »
I find the only way to delete those files is to delete them through the share file tab in winmx. If the file isn't in your shared folder, temporarily share the folder it's in and then unshare it again after you delete it. I've tried deleting them in safe mode and it doesn't work. Still says it's being used by another program. Those files don't usually burn either.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 04:58:16 am »
Does it tell you the file is in use?
I used to get that and it seems to be a windows xp problem.
Sometimes deleting from a DOS box or any other browse window used to work as  well.
I got it fixed with reinstalling another version finally.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 06:27:18 pm »
You can also try this handy program to unlock and delete the file. It also shows you the process that has the file locked. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.7.4.exe

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 03:17:13 am »
Quote from: Maxe
You can also try this handy program to unlock and delete the file. It also shows you the process that has the file locked. http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.7.4.exe

and if that little dude doesn't work you might try shutting down any and all media player apps such as Windows Media Player, Winamp, Realplayer, you get the drift. Then use ctrl alt del to bring up task manager and kill any media player .exe's running under your processes tab. If none of that works then go to http://projects.securitywonks.net/projects/download.php?file=11 and download Killbox and select the option to delete upon reboot, replace with fake file. After reboot it'll say whether file delete was successful. If it was it is then safe to delete the fake replacement.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 03:20:02 am »
a fix to that post since I can't edit the post is after killing all media player apps in task manager then try to delete your file normally.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 11:32:33 am »
Recently I found out about the problems that XP has with certain, in my case most AVI files.

They are trying to be read in memory in full because of a corrupted or broken header data segment.

Here are a few sites that I found helpful for this problem.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

Computing.net subject:
http://www.computing.net/cpus/wwwboard/forum/10462.html

The main cause I have found is actually a problem with the way explorer handles avi files! Let me explain a bit, it you have an incomplete avi file, or a damaged avi file, explorer will read it frame by frame to determine it's properties (such as video size, length etc..)
You can confirm this by starting the task manager next time it happens, I know it will takes ages to open but be patient! if you see that explorer.exe is the process using all your CPU do the following:

1. Open up regedit
2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"

After restarting the problem should be solved. **note** You won't have any video properties any more if you right-click and avi file, but I'm sure you never use it!

If the process is not explorer.exe then there are a few other problems that could cause the same symptoms. Some people suggest that the print spooler of all things was the cause!

You could also have a keyboard issue, some logitech keyboards have some driver issues which can cause the 100% cpu usage. Also physical damage could case the problem (which could mean continuous interrupt requests and hence 100% CPU utilisation)

I found that once we went into the regedit and followed the above instructions my AVI files are no longer locked by Explorer.exe .. hope this is helpful.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 11:45:56 am »
very interesting stuff there   :) once again I thank you

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Ud-deletable file
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 12:03:08 pm »
i've had this problem once b4, i tried a couple of "file shredders" i forget which one i used now, but it basically it displayed as a second recycle bin on the desktop, files that previously i couldnt delete, rename or drag into recycle, dragged right in and were gone. I'm sure google could help u find one, also try www.majorgeeks.com  :D

Anonymous

Ud-deletable file
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 01:09:14 pm »
toneyp1

Thanks to the folks who relied to my question...I have since removed those files(4) ...I did it some time ago...Im not sure which of these two did it for me  Cleanup 40 or Sysclean   I do remember I had to point it to the file, then it was removed on reboot.
Thanks

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Ud-deletable file

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx