gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 05:25:46 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  New Forum
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 1374 times)

KM

New Forum
« on: February 26, 2006, 05:30:39 pm »
Well, as nobody else is going to mention it, I might as well go doing GhostShip and Me_Here's jobs and post about it... damn ungrateful underpaid slaves, when i'm done posting i'll go beat them to teach them a lesson don't worry... anyway, back on topic...

We have moved from phpbb to SMF, why? well, because I am lazy and can't be bothered to keep applying the phpbb updates by hand every time they released one (automatic mods kept conflicting with other modifications i made), so we had to do something with the forum. The first thought was to simply go with a clean phpbb without any mods (obviously keeping the posts), but then while the discussion was taking place someone pointed out SMF to me in a completely unrelated conversation (talk about timing!) so i of course had a look, and realised it was great for WinMXWorld and suggested it to the 2 slaves, erm i mean GhostShip and Me_Here, who were just as impressed.

After a few days of playing about, modifying things to suit, fixing them again, and just generally testing it out here you go!

The biggest thing you'll notice is that you can now add attachments to posts, this should help with screen shots/jokes/whatever :-)

of course a few buttons have moved around and might take a few seconds to find, but that just makes things more fun! oh, and a few extra buttons as well that should hopefuly prove to be "how did we ever do without that?" type of options.

oh, and before anyone mentions it... yes, the PM system does take a little getting used to :-)

if anyone notices any bugs then of course post here and let us know so they can either be fixed, or called "features", depending on the sort of mood I am in when Me_Here and GhostShip start pestering me to fix it :-)

oh, and there are also a few other things you can do to the text in your posts, but you'll see those buttons when you go to post... :-)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  New Forum

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx