gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 10:41:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Oukachat - Online help and Downloadable Helpfile
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Oukachat - Online help and Downloadable Helpfile  (Read 13889 times)

(¯`·.¸Unique¸.·´¯)

Oukachat - Online help and Downloadable Helpfile
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:02:02 pm »
As many others, i am using Oukachat for hosting my chatrooms. Ouka is primary made for Japanese language, and the total sum of english knowledge about the server in one place, hasn't been that really good.

At first, i decided to make myself a referencefile to get an overview over all the commands, what they did and so on. When it started to grow, others began to ask for more.

This has resulted in me, writing a full featured helpfile for Oukachat. One downloadable chm-file (with search, index and others what you can expect from a helpfile) and a limited online-version.

Since my native language isn't english, i'm aware it might be some bad spelling and typos.

This is why i ask you, to help me finishing this help.

Please review http://www.webfrik.com/Oukahelp/
See download-section for the standalone helpfile.

As for now, i have marked it as a beta-version. I am hoping to complete this (with the help of you) in a week, maybe two.

After that time, i am hoping to keep it up-to-date as newer versions of Oukachat is released.

Thanks in advance for giving feedback! Bad spellings, errors, missing information, the lot!

(remember to hit F5 in browser, im updating the onlineversion several times a day. The standalonefile will be updated once a day)

Offline Knight_Guy

• MX Hosts
  • No Rest For The Wicked
Re: Oukachat - Online help and Downloadable Helpfile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 07:21:18 am »
Just wantted to say thanks , And that your link has been verry helpfull to me .

(¯`·.¸Unique¸.·´¯)

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:26:53 pm »
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you giving feedback and helping me on this project. Most are given directly to me, but that does not mean they are just as good as giving it here.

I have reached some kind of "final version", if it can be called that. Ouka keeps up his developement and is giving us the most advanced and updated Chat Server out there. I will try to keep up with his great work, updating the Online Help as it seems natural.

Some of you has also been requested me for new features, and you can keep on requesting and make suggestions. I will see to that Ouka gets this suggestions and requests, and hopefully he is able to implement most of them in newer releases.
Please make them available here too, discussion is only good.

Special thanks to Ouka for listening to the users and keep up developing!

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 07:17:06 pm »
Excellent idea!  :D

I don't know anything about Ouka's chat server commands, but 'm sure many will find it very useful.
I think you should have your own section on the community site for this ;)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

GMC Gremlin

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 01:56:35 pm »
I have been tring to get people to connect to an ouka server,  i have tried loopback ip, my wan ip, turned off firewall, forwarded port in router(tried several) and even set local machine as DMZ....... no luck.  anything i missed?
thx,  GMC Gremlin

(¯`·.¸Unique¸.·´¯)

Re: Ouka Chat Server - Online Help
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 02:51:35 pm »
I've been busy again!  :lol:  Finally got some time to make some major changes regarding the new password management introduced in the latest 5.40c versions. I would very much like you all to help me out further, especially when there are bugs/solutions to specific problems or questions about "how to..." and "how do i...".

Also new from last update is a forum dedicated to provide all sort of OCS related stuff, bugs, solutions, links to other resourses (such as this forum), how-to's not included in the static help files etc etc.

Have a nice chat!

Beatnet

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 07:20:02 pm »
I cant save my room admins savings. after setting up, they log out and as they log in again they have lost their status, anyone tell me how to save he setings? beatnetc@yhaoo.com

Snick

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 02:53:25 pm »
In your chatstartup

#admincmd /mklogin <level 1-6><xyz>

I can't remember the begging part
somethinga bout write mssage, just copy that little bit

Blah blah writemessage something

#admincmd /mklogin <level 1-6><xyz>

and when you startup the server, it shud do that

[when i get home i'll give you the full thing, if someone else hasnt already did it]

Snick

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 04:12:19 pm »
#UserCmd WriteMessage #admincmd /mklogin <level 1-6><xyz>

molson45

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 03:26:49 pm »
i downloaded  winmx  ans it says  firewall detected  but i have it turned off  i left  it over  night and it still would  not connect    i tryed  to  redownload  it  but  still would not connect please help me

jenny

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 05:46:24 am »
I'm having a problem as well. I set passcodes for host,admin and user but when user tries to login the room nothing happens. Host and admin login just fine. I was wondering if there is somethng I have to add in configs to enable a user to log in just as a member and not admin status. I am totally new with all of this and would appreciate any help. Another problem I am having is that I set some rename words in my RCMSconf. and only a few work as others will not. Is there something I can do about this? When I got the original file all it had was 3 options to nename special words and i added more. Was that ok?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 03:30:42 am »
hi jenny

When I got the original file all it had was 3 options to nename special words and i added more. Was that ok?

yes if they look exactly like the examples it was

and for the rest of your problems i hope someone else will respond because it's been a verrry long time since i tested ouka and i simply do not know about all the new stuff in there

it might be worth checking for typo's and to check the link further down on this thread ...this one: http://www.webfrik.com/Oukahelp/

goodluck
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

jenny

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »
I got the problem fixed,i re read my commands and found a few typos. ty

dolly

why is it that, the new patch isnt working with ouka?
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 04:01:10 am »
why is it that the patch dosnt work with ouka? any clue to fix this?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 08:03:35 am »
Hi Dolly, there are two methods to get your Ouka back on the road.

Option one :  http://ouka.dip.jp/archive/ChatServerE_560a_2007_06_30_0000.zip

Option two :  http://downloads.winmxworld.com/wmw/patch/ws2_32.dll

Please ensure if you use option two that the program is set to use default connections rather than any modified IP addresses.

Offline LisaDee

• MX Hosts
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 01:57:22 pm »
Hi,,,I have a question about Ouka chat server, how do I set up the room in order to allow roomies to post links in room chat without giving them admin. status?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 06:06:22 pm »
Hi again Lisa,

i think this in your confid is the reason why it blocks:

[Blockwrite] ; (0-127) See notes for additional info
Word[0]="@hotmail"
Word[1]="http://"

if you remove word 1 it should just work

i have not tested this to be true but it s logical that that line is in the default config and removing it would solve your problem

Greetings, ...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline LisaDee

• MX Hosts
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 06:22:23 pm »
Hi again Joshua,,,,I removed word [1 ], reloaded KurukuruCmd, and it didn't work,,,the only way i found to post links in room is when i am admin.,,maybe after I restart chat server it may work, I will check it out on my next restart,,,,thanks for the suggestion,,,,I'll keep looking for the answer :-)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 06:52:08 pm »
first offtopic: please sat hello from me to some users in BDroom

secondly to save you some time and trouble ( sorry i did not foresee that):

try typing
#AdminCmd LoadSetting

this should reload without restart ;-)

Offline LisaDee

• MX Hosts
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 07:00:31 pm »
Hi Joshua,
     First of all, I posted in room that you said hello,,,second It worked,,,,whoooo hooooo,,,,roomies will now be happy again,,,,thanks so much for your help :-)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Oukachat - Online help and Downloadable Helpfile

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx