gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:56:16 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Why Ip Address?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why Ip Address?  (Read 19781 times)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2006, 01:42:56 pm »
As a footnote, if you're the sort of privacy freak that is prepared to pay for your protection in this regard, there are companies who will mask your ip.. I'm not specifically endorsing the services of www.findnot.com over any other, just adding that I had a regular user in my chatroom who subscribed, & their setup & winmx can be configured to work together.. wouldn't matter WHO posted a proxy server IP, as it's in no way related to yourself.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

hackedoff12

the only reason i found this site i was attacked by ip here
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 04:47:24 am »
Quote from: GnarlySnarly
Quote from: GhostShip
If folks are abusing the forum they have to be dealt with some way and making an IP public is usually done as a last resort, in fact its only thought about here in the cases of racists or paedophiles posting disgusting content.
There are bad eggs in all strata of society Gnarly.
My advice is that you have to take a good look at a forum and decide if you feel its being run responsibly before posting.

Merely having an IP address gives you no special power over anyone, firewalls have seen to that.

Publicizing posters IPs is not an issue on this board.  Even mischief is no reason to publish it.  It someone is abusing the board, then warn them  and if they continue the thing to do then is file an abuse complaint with their ISP.  

It was in reference to KMs insustance of listing the IP of each post on his old kingmacro forum, and his refusal to this day to understand the need not to publish an IP.

And, you seem to take the same narrow focus that IPs are only used for 'hacking'. hence a firewall will suffice.  If you got the point of my prior posts, IPs can be used for much more than hacking.  They are a basic component of tracking, stalking and profiling.  Firewalls do nothing for that. as I explained from an untoward experience I had b being stalked from a forum posting to an opennap server.  Possible ONLY because that forum exposed my IP to everyone.

While all the admins of this forum can see my IP, I accept that risk and just hope this is not an RIAA data mining sting operation.  But if each posters IP was publicly shown with each of their posts, as it was on the old KM forum, then the RIAA has a simple task to log everything here and build an evidence stock pile that could be combined with their p2p file sharing data.  Who would want to speak so freely here if it could all be recorded by the RIAA or ? with an actual identity link?  IP = personal identity, at least to the registered account holder or 'family head' if a residential account.  All RIAA needs is IP, date and time get the actual name registered for the account from the ISP.  Without the IP they have nothing.  If your going to post the IP publicly, you might as well drop screen names and use your real name and give your mailing address while you are at it.

Know too that some governments monitor internet postings and arrest people who say the wrong things in forums.  They are tracked by their IP.  I doubt this forum would be the type to be so monitored, but you never know.. Things can get weird when people in authority want to make a 'federal case' over something or target someone.

Keeping IP confidential is not just for computer security, but far more important, for personal anonymity, as it is a basic tool for stalking, profiling and worse..

Why would there be do many sites offering anonymizing service for people to surf the web with their IP masked, if IP privacy was of so little concern?

hackedoff12

Why Ip Address?
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 04:56:09 am »
my computer was attacked by this ip or someone somehow  manipulating it! i have no idea the validity or  reason  for this action or this websites purpose  in general  , i dont know what you people are discussing or do i care at allll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  im just pissed that  someone who has no life whatsoever  attacked my computer  , i would really enjoy  gettung this person  alone in  the flesh and slowly torturing them for a few hours or days whatever the case might be,  they probably  would be begging for their mommy  after a few moments,  now doesnt my saying this make me feel all fuzzy and warm inside, yes it does hopefully the little %^% will see this post, again i dont care what  this website is about, and would have never found it if it hadnt attacked my computer   norton internet security  alerted me to  this web address  206.204.51.134(5111)  does this sound familiar to anyone , please dont do it again or i will be forced to scour the earth and hunt you down like the %%^&* you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  sincerly , hacjed offffffffffffffffffff!!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :wink:

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 06:26:35 am »
/me severly doubts any attack tool place

Internet security software is NOTORIOUS for raising alarms over innocent & inconsequential traffic.. however if you have genuine logs of any genuine attack from anywhere.. please feel free to report the activity to the relevent authorities.  Attacks on your PC via the internet are almost universally unlawful.

Let me also point out that if your IP is such a concern to you.. then using a proxy to hide it from casual exposure is far from difficult.  For most people (vast majority) citing an IP address is a fairly useless bit of information & not exactly eqivalent to giving out a loaded gun.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2006, 11:55:02 am »
No Hackedoff that IP address isnt 'familiar' to anyone here..

I am totally confused by your statements
and would have never found it if it hadnt attacked my computer Norton internet security alerted me to this web address 206.204.51.134(5111)

First of all this address has nothing what so ever nor has it ever had with this website, this site is based in the UK.  I can appreciate your concerns, however feel youve got no basis to make accusations at us.

IP address   206.204.51.134
Hostname   security.symantec.com
ISP   ConXioN Corporation
Country   United States United States

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE150-ARIN
RAbuseName: Abuse
RAbusePhone: +1-408-566-8500
RAbuseEmail: abuse@conxion.net

Feel free to use the information given above to report those logs you may have of actual attacks to this ISP.  Also be sure to notice the Hostname - Symantec ring any bells for you?  Thats another word for Norton if not.  Symantec Norton Internet Security.  
I suspect this was not an attack at all, But as I have never liked Norton, I dont use it, it appears its flagged its own site up as an attack.  Further proving Bearded's Statement.
If you need any further advise for protecting your self from such, or a list of legitimate reasons related to WinMX that you might see IP addresses of this site on a firewall or notice, please feel free to post again.

Blind accusations are just that.. blind, and wont be taken lightly.

hackedoff12

LAST TIME ILL EVER COMMUNICATE
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2006, 04:37:38 pm »
Me Here
I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED  WHETHER MY COMPUTER WAS ATTACKED BY SOMEONE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS IP I DONT KNOW, I HAVE REPORTED THIS ISSUE WITH MY  ISP, THEY ARE LOOKING INTO IT,   THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE TO YOU WAS  HOW WOULD I END UP AT THIS OBSCURE (TO ME) WEBSITE  IF THAT ADDRESS DIDNT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE ATTACK ON MY COMPUTER, ITS THAT SIMPLE   IF YOU WILL LOOK UP  THE ADDRESS 26.204.51.134 YOU WILL SEE THAT  IT LINKS TO THIS FORUM, DONT ASK ME WHY,  THERE IS ALSO   THE STATEMENT  ON THE LINK THAT THIS IS THE HACKERS IP OR SOMETHING TO THAT AFFECT,  TRY IT YOURSELF, THEN YOU WILL SEE WHY IM  EVEN COM. WITH YOU, THANKS AND IF YOU HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ANY OF THIS THEN HAVE A GREAT LIFE! ,  YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHY I WOULD  LOOK FOR THE IDIOT  THAT ATTACKED MY COMPUTER , IF SIMPLY JUST TO LET HIM OR HER KNOW THAT THEY DIDNT SUCCEED AND I HAVE SOME IDEA WHO  OR WHOM THEY ARE ASSOCIATED WITH  COULD  POSSIBLY BE!  NOW DONT SEND ME BACK AN NOTE SAYING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT I JUST WROTE HERE, IF YOU DONT THEN READ IT SLOWLY TILL YOU DO BECAUSE  IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE,  AS I SAID LOOK IT UP YOURSELF, JUST ENTER 206.204.51.134, NO WWW OR ANYTHING ELSE,  THANKS  HACKED

hackedoff12

Why Ip Address?
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2006, 04:39:44 pm »
ADDRESS I SENT WAS WRONG , THE ADDRESS TO LOOK AT IS 206.204.51.134 SORRY, THXMe Here

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2006, 05:34:53 pm »
Hacked,

I understand that your upset, and YELLING AT ME WONT HELP.. lol

First of all your not understanding me, that address as listed below has never and will never have anything to do with this obscure site.  Its not our ip, and if you cant see that I dont know how else to say it, this address belongs to Norton.  This is the Aruls IP Lookup on it below.

IP address   206.204.51.134
Hostname   security.symantec.com
ISP   ConXioN Corporation
Country   United States United States

The point I am making is this, I dont know how you got to this site, its definitely not by entering that address you gave into the address bar, because we are not Norton Internet Security, and that is not the IP address of this site.  And your implying to the general public that this site had anything to do with an attack on your machine is false.

I am telling you that your information about this is wrong, and I am suggesting that your unclear how to go about investigating that IP address.  I can give you some links to help you look up addresses if you would like, so that you dont blame folks for attacking and hacking you that have nothing to do with it in the future..

ITS THAT SIMPLE IF YOU WILL LOOK UP THE ADDRESS 26.204.51.134 YOU WILL SEE THAT IT LINKS TO THIS FORUM, DONT ASK ME WHY

I have now looked up both addresses for you, they both are owned by Norton Internet Security Systems or Symantec.

I put the IP you gave into a google search that finds a quote posted by another user that saw the same IP on his machine, he had concerns about it, and named it.  This IP has nothing to do with this site.  I suggest you use the advice and links posted above when conducting investigations into who owns an IP address.
https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=337
The fact that someone mentions an IP they had problems with on this site, its obsurd to think that makes this site responsible for that IP.

http://arul.telenet-systems.com/track.html
This link gives you the IPs Hostname, ISP, and Country of Origin.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/
This link has many useful tools on it to look up a Whois on IP, Trace route of an IP, and DNS lookups for IPS and webpages..

Now Hacked I have politely and respectfully answered your questions, and even offered to help you with this problem, only to be insulted by you.  If you have legitimate questions that I can help you with in finding information regarding that IP or other IP'S you feel you have been attacked from please feel free to post those.  

However dont misinterpret my good nature, I will not continue to allow you to post allegations, or insults!!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2006, 06:01:45 pm »
Let me put this very simply Hackedoff13, your use of caps is annoying and rude.

The IP you mention is merely reffered to here in a post.
The IP has nothing whatsoever to do with us.

Maybe if you use the correct tools to locate IPs and then perhaps your claims will be valid and make sense to us, Google finds links not IP's.

I hope all that is clear to you.

Anonymous

evidently you didnt look it up
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2006, 08:51:00 pm »
Me Here
it says nothing about norton internet security on the link, it directs you to this website [instult], and im really [more intellegent remarks,, NOT] you , besides the [More insults]  of you,  its over  i wont send you dont send but im right and your wrong! nice day!!!!

[pretty much just stupidness all around]

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2006, 09:01:26 pm »
Well, if you followed a LINK and not looked up the IP itself that certainly explains some things...
If you don't want to listen and learn something  - like the simple task of finding out who an ip belongs to - then you can't be helped I guess.
Just please refrain from making accusations on this website again, we're bound to help people here, not attacking them.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Anonymous

thanks
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2006, 09:52:23 pm »
Me Here
i will use the information you sent me i dont know why norton security would  say that  i was being attacked by  norton security,  sorry to bother you and sorry about the frustration  i never yelled at you though  i dont see how someone could yell on the computer , i swear to god youll never hear from me again, dh

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Why Ip Address?
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2006, 10:27:25 pm »
Guest, just FYI : using caps is considered YELLING at someone, so posting something in all caps is quite rude ;)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Re: Why Ip Address?
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 11:04:45 pm »
Old Topic I know,

Recentlly someone read through this and sent all moderators on site a 'Report Post To Moderator'.. I so wish ppl knew how to use that.. this person left the following comments..

Quote from: guest
The following post, "LAST TIME ILL EVER COMMUNICATE" by hackedoff12 has been reported by Guest (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx) on a board you moderate:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=199.msg9227#msg9227

The reporter has made the following comment:
I too have received a virus through this IP Address, My security says I am up to date and cannot see anything, I am at a loose end on what to do. S

Regards,
The WinMX World Team.

1. I think you can see this person needs help but posting a Report will not get you help.  Please if you read this please post a new topic on the site or join the site and send me a Private Message or Regular Email.

2. Recently AVG (older version) not only ate someone I know's Sygate files reporting them as a virus but also reported its own files as a virus.  Not sure why or how this happen but its possible you may have the same thing...

Please if you sent a 'Report Post' recenly about this and this is you.. post back to us..

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Why Ip Address?
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2007, 12:13:31 pm »
Yup i was lost by this for a monemt then lol, well yup or click the emails links on our names if you wish to remain off the forum we all glad to help
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Why Ip Address?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx