gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:43:01 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Edit own post, report own post
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Edit own post, report own post  (Read 2018 times)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Edit own post, report own post
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:09:15 am »
We've discussed the decision to turn off user ability to edit one's own posts, for typos etc.

In a recent post, just as I clicked the [submit] button, I noticed I had typed "U've" instead of "I've" - damn cheap keyboards with painted on letters that wear of after 4 weeks.  My U key looks just like the I key next to it :p

Anyway, since the mod staff says "We have nothing better to do.  If you need your typos corrected of other changes made, just call us.  We'll be glad to be your slave editor"   :D

Well, since that is the policy, I thought I'd have someone change my typo since U've [you've] could cause confusion when I've was meant.

So I thought, maybe a quick way to have that done was to click the [Report Problem post to moderator] button and add a note [if that is possible] about what exactly needed to be edited.

But when i tried that, I got this: 

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Well, I guess whoever added that clever trap never expected me.  I tend to do things that don't make sense to others and often uncover unexpected behavior along the way.

Being able to use that button to request an edit makes perfect sense to me, as long as it allows adding some comments.  If it is just a 'look at this post' alert, without ability to add a comment, nevermind :)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Re: Edit own post, report own post
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 09:59:49 am »

Well, I guess whoever added that clever trap never expected me.  I tend to do things that don't make sense to others and often uncover unexpected behavior along the way.

lmao

KM

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 10:55:21 am »
btw, when i first read your post i didn't even notice that typo - although it is corrected :-P

[edit]and you shouldn't need to [edit of edit]modify your posts after they have been[/edit of edit] posted, because you should read them first [edit of edit]to make sure the post is correct[/edit of edit][/edit]

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 02:40:34 am »
I was teased and tricked!

I just made another typo.. and thought.. I wonder.. did they like my idea of allowing the 'report this post' button to report edits needed.

And was I surprised!  :shock:  When I clicked it, I got the reporting screen, not the "You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!" message.  I thought 'This is great", typed my note and gave a ^5 for making that mod so quickly.  Then clicked 'send'

To my chagrin, after i had typed and 'sent' my comment, THEN I got the old 'can't do that' message :\  That's a dirty trick :P

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:22 am »
Nothing up my sleeves... Watch my hands.....

LOL its not a trick its a failed but hopefully temporary situation.

Its either half fixed still or half broke still.. will check with KM and see what his official take is..lol

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 02:51:30 pm »
pssssssssssssssstt KM use this "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried"  blame it on Ghost  ;)

KM

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 07:25:26 pm »
i never did anything, it's all ghostships fault...

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 08:02:30 pm »
If at first you don't succeed blame someone who could care less. I'm usually a good target in that respect. lol
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Edit own post, report own post

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx