gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 01:02:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  computer screen :disjointed:
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: computer screen :disjointed:  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Robb1939

• Forum Member
computer screen :disjointed:
« on: March 18, 2006, 04:57:40 pm »
Hi my system is XP sevice2; firewall as you recommend: WinMX 3.54 beta4; connection Broadband modem phone; WMX running on Primary also run Peergard. & Leechamer.
 My problem is when I run overnight next morning Leechammer is shut down;and my screen is"brocken up" and very slow to respond??. I also run Spy bot; Adware, &AVG ??

Also when Browsing peer I noted files entitled How to jump queus ; How to bypass Leechammer & several others of this ilk this Winmxer was generous with3000 files! is there any way of proctecting against these type of missuse, Regards

Offline tower

• Forum Member
Re: computer screen :disjointed:
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:21:37 pm »
Hi my system is XP sevice2; firewall as you recommend: WinMX 3.54 beta4; connection Broadband modem phone; WMX running on Primary also run Peergard. & Leechamer.    My problem is when I run overnight next morning Leechammer is shut down;and my screen is"brocken up" and very slow to respond??. I also run Spy bot; Adware, &AVG ??

Also when Browsing peer I noted files entitled How to jump queus ; How to bypass Leechammer & several others of this ilk this Winmxer was generous with3000 files! is there any way of proctecting against these type of missuse, Regards

I think you are gonna have to do a little narrowing down of the problem here.   Sort of Electronic fault finding to compenent level so to speak.

Try running without Peergard and Leechammer for a night, see it the problem goes away, if not remove more and more 'start up' software from your system until you are just running WimMX and Windows XP.   If you still have the problem then you are in deep stushi... but I think you will find a combination of software running in the background is upsetting your Graphics Card and CPU.

Leeches are a Pain, and when they think it is funny to defeat generous file shares like you and I there is not a lot you can do unless you manually monitor the Q.   I message them and if I get a reply try talk them into sharing.   If they have the Privicy settings so I can not chat to them then they are hammered right away and placed in the ignore Q for being selfish SOB!
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline Robb1939

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:40 pm »
Hi Tower, thanks for your suggestions I'll give them a try

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:09 pm »
Hi Tower, thanks for your suggestions I'll give them a try

Cool report back soon - don't forget to get rid of the start up software on the Right hand side of your Task bar, if that is required.   My guess is your two leech control software do not agree working together.   Let's hope so.   I use Leechammer as it is very flexible, but for the Novice by far the most 'techy'.   It has known bugs and does do strange things to your graphics display when your CPU is taxed with other things.   Never run other stuff while WinMX is running in the background overnight.

Especially if they require internet access, things such as Media Player and loads of other media software now use the net on a routine basis and can cause problems too when you are being hit on hard by high speed players.

If you max out speed to other users is say 60Kb per second broadband, only give them 51K, save 15 to 20% for your handshake traffic and other unseen overheads.   Best way to do that is reduce your slots to no more than 4 or 5 broadband and just one for dial up
Kind regards,   Tom.

Offline Robb1939

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:34:26 am »
   Thanks Tom what you say makes sense and is what I suspected was happening, but being a novice its good to have some assurance,
take care Robin

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:33:01 pm »
   Thanks Tom what you say makes sense and is what I suspected was happening, but being a novice its good to have some assurance,
take care Robin

Cool Robin, happy file shareing - see you around the WinMX World soon!
Kind regards,   Tom.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  computer screen :disjointed:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx