gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 04:33:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Computer restarting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Computer restarting  (Read 999 times)

onetinsoldier222

Computer restarting
« on: March 25, 2006, 01:44:56 am »
this is the week ending 06-03-24..... My Winmx is causing me  :x loads of problems  :x at the moment  :( . I have the latest patch and am using version 3.54 w/patch. Have AMD/3.4k system w/1048ram, 20MB LAN connection using Windows 2000Pro. I have been able to make a load of downloads  and made NEW FRIENDS  8) in deceit Chat :D rooms :lol: ....I've been parking in the chat rooms and dowwnloading some great files with the above but over the past week I leave loads of stuff downloading & Uploading ... when I return the next morning or even during the day WinMX has turned itself off  :shock: my system then has "rebooted", restarted; then when MX is started all files reset in red :( with OpenNap files eliminated :(  [can be reloaded but are all dead link, i have to research  :? them] ... i've reloaded WinMX but not erased entirely the WinMX from the system.  i've reloaded the patch 1.9 download a new 3.54 and same occurance the next day... Origianlly it was just once a day, now twice ... MY next step now in progress remove ALL WinMX and start anew, and seeking any ideas?  0140 hrs Zulu TIME 06-03-25  email or respond here.... i'll be baacckk ==      "Tin"

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: Computer restarting
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 09:47:28 am »
Are you sure it's a winmx related problem?
This could just as well be another error in your system, maybe even hardware related. Windows restarts the system on fatal errors and modern mainboards do the same to protect the computer from overheating for instance. Maybe you should try installing a monitoring program for your hardware sensors (look at the cd that came with your mobo).
Often simply opening the computer and cleaning out all the dustbunnies works wonders ;)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: Computer restarting
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 12:26:25 pm »
Mostly,on such occasions, some error nessage is given to th user upon the next reboot.

Try this:

Right click My computer>Properties>Advanced>Steeings(Under Start up and recovery)>

Look in the section of system failure. Uncheck the 'Automaticially restart' box and see if this solves the problem. If it doesn't solve the problem, then rechech this box.

I am not sure what happens , if you always keep it unchecked. I had such a problem. Every now and then, a message would pop up:'RPC has shut down windows needs to retart.'
Turned out it was a virus. Run a virus scan and make sure there are no spyware on your comp

Cheers
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Computer restarting

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx