gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 01, 2024, 05:30:03 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't search and get room list on primary... please help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't search and get room list on primary... please help!  (Read 1287 times)

kogi

Hi,

I'm really having problems with my winmx here. I feel I have tried everything but perhaps someone can point
 out something I've overlooked...

I'm using 3.54beta4 and have no problems connecting, downloading and uploading. But search and fetching the channel list is not working as it should. When I start winmx I can get the list the first few seconds, but I'm unable to refresh after a minute or so. Same goes for search. Like a train coming to a halt! Here is what I have tried to do in order to resolve the problem:

-Disabled xp firewall, my 'antivir' anti-virus program, and my Sygate firewall. Then tried changing ports - even though I'm not behind a router. I'm also quite certain that my isp is not blocking me. According to ports scans the relevant 16669 and 16657 ports are open, and when running winmx I get the message that TCP port 16669 is in use. I have been told that search and rooms list are UDP packets? If so it seems something is interfering with those packets...though I'm at loss to say
why..

-Also tried clean install (did a search and deleted folder and shortcuts) of both the piepatch 2.9 version of winmx installing 3.53 first and then 3.54beta, and when that didn't work tried the other patch out there (Install 2.2 downloaded from a link provided in this forum) to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-kogi

KM

Re: Can't search and get room list on primary... please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 04:22:54 pm »
it sounds like it could be some form of firewall detecting the UDP flood and blocking any further UDP thinking it is an attack - however neither sygate nor the built in XP firewall will do such a thing, normally something like that would be an option in a router - but you say you don't have one... check to make sure your modem doesn't have any built in features (such as a firewall option)

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »
I have the same problem here when I use my on-board network card for my internet connection. When I install an extra network adapter and use this one instead, WinMX works normally. This happened both before and after reformatting my system, on both windows 2000 and XP, and I really can't figure out why. My network adapter is called "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" although I'm not sure if it's the adapter/drivers' fault.
I do not have any firewalls or routers, and my computer can receive UDP packets, it just doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I installed another network adapter to fix the problem  :)

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 05:07:04 pm »
my onboard Nforce network controller works fine without any problems - must be norwegian error for you :-P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Can't search and get room list on primary... please help!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.011 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx