gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 08, 2024, 10:41:02 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  help. downloads slowing down to 0 and ending.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help. downloads slowing down to 0 and ending.  (Read 1240 times)

samsa

help. downloads slowing down to 0 and ending.
« on: April 25, 2006, 03:40:17 am »
Is there anybody out there? who can help me with this issue: I can connect and start downloading, but files start on normal speed ( 10,000 b/s in my case) and rapidly slow down the speed to 0, back to 1,000 bytes or so, to 0 again and Time Out. I have windows 98, WinMx 3.52 on pentium III at 667MHz. 

Thanks for advanced.

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
Re: help. downloads slowing down to 0 and ending.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:58:26 am »
what isp are you with? sounds like isp port shaping to me. some isp's monitor your traffic and squeeze the ports you are down/uploading from p2p almost closed so you can only get about 2mb a day through. Changing ports doesn't usually help as they are monitoring all ports for p2p traffic.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:19:24 am »
When your downloads stop, do other programs stop working too? such as your web browser, MSN, or WPN connection? If that's the case, it's something making your entire internet connection drop, and not only WinMX. I don't know what could be causing that, maybe a poor physical connection to your ISP. If it's only your WinMX transfers, then it can be what valor said about your ISP monitoring your connections and activities. If that's the case, I suggest you change provider, as it isn't your provider's business what you use your internet connection for, what e-mails you send and receive, and what websites you visit.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 01:19:14 pm »
Are you using the -user filter when searching? some specific fake files also display this kind of behaviour when you attempt downloading them.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

samsa

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:09:39 am »
Thanks Valor and Neutron. My ISP is Cablevision, a Cable TV provider here in Mexico, through a cable modem. And yes, only Winmx slows down to zero. In fact other P2P programs such as Ares or Filetopia work just fine. Well, all seems to confirm my initial suspition that my ISP is blocking some of my downloads. I should try via Telephone Line but i can't connect because my configuration is for the cable modem.

Thanks a lot

Samsa

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 04:32:42 am »
Trying via phone line would definately nail down if it's ISP interferance or not, however, it may be worth experimenting with different ports..

birdy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »
sound like the same problems i have experiennced and would certainly suspect your isp is traffic/packet shaping do some research on your isp through google or forums and see what feedback there is about your isp i would think the result would be they are traffic shaping p2p programmes

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 06:14:12 pm »
I suspect this is the case too, just occasionally you can find unmonitored ports

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  help. downloads slowing down to 0 and ending.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx