gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 08, 2024, 03:01:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  So little happens...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: So little happens...  (Read 1042 times)

Wonderer

So little happens...
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:48:43 am »
I mean, where are everybody? I've been using WX for years and now there seems to be nobody online...okay, maybe 5 primaries, but no secs. What's happening or is there some problem I'm not aware of? I use 3.53 with 2.2 patch...and problems started about a week ago. Help, please!

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: So little happens...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 12:00:09 pm »
Mabye your ports aren't forwarded.

Check your firewall (if norton then Options>Internet worm protection. configure it for winmx 'permit all'. Also allow port TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 in general rules>new)
Also check your router if you have one. That may be blocking it too.
Go to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm for your router and see there how to enable winmx.

I had the same problem but it is ok now:)
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Wonderer

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 12:11:11 pm »
Yeah well, I'll try that too, but what can cause this...I mean there are still people who download my files, I just don't find anything interesting anymore. I really don't believe that they have all vanished. For example: tried the keyword "kiss" - 1 hit...can't be right?  I've been reading other topics too, but no one has "lost" their kind of music suddenly. I try your advice - thanks! 

KM

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:23:31 pm »
winmx won't get secondary users connected through it straight away, just start using winmx as you usually would and you only need to worry if after a few hours there is still nobody connected through you...

generally if uploads work then your TCP is forwarded correctly (or set to "unable to receive inbound TCP connections" however in that case it wouldn't let you use primary) and if you can load the channel list/get search results then UDP is configured correctly (if on primary anyway)

btw, i get quite a few results for "kiss" - if you only get a few results then this can be caused by the UDP being blocked as some kind of attack (most commonly by a router having a "firewall" option, if it has one then disable it - blocking floods of UDP like that is about all that option does... which breaks winmx)

Wonderer

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 05:56:08 pm »
If everything is just the way it's supposed to be...then I'm happy to wait those few hours you mentioned. =) It's just that once you get used to receiving hundreds of hits per search...this situation is quite strange getting only a few...Well, thanks anyway for your great work with my favourite p2p!!!

Wonderer

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 06:03:02 pm »
Oh damn...I always forget to ask: what does mean that spm= after p=and s=??? Yeah, I'm stupid I know. =) 

KM

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 06:47:06 pm »
searches per minute, how many searches you are checking to see if your files match it (or if a secondary connected through you matches)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  So little happens...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx