gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 11:50:45 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  staying in contact with other users
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: staying in contact with other users  (Read 4259 times)

beobee746

staying in contact with other users
« on: July 20, 2005, 12:20:53 pm »
is there a way to stay in contact with other users thru wmx? other than getting file match!!!!  like personally adding a line to folder w/user name?? any help would be great !!!!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 03:26:14 pm »
Hi Beobee..

The best way to contact someone on the network is to have a room that you can meet up in, it is the most reliable method.  The hotlist as you know is not permanent, so the other way that you can locate someone is this... (also Unreliable)..

When you want to keep someones name for use the next time your on WinMX add that user to your ignore list just before you close down your program.  
When you re-open WinMX they will still be on your list.
You cant send or receive pms from them until you take them off so be sure to open your ignore list, highlight the users name then choose, Whois, from there you can choose to Add to Hotlist.
Then remove that user from the ignore list.

This has to be done each time you sign on or out of WinMX so you can see why its much easier with all the great Chat Rooms on WinMX why we suggest meeting in them.

Hope this helps ya...

KM

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:13:06 pm »
also if you use that mathod it'll only work as long as they stay connected to winmx, as soon as they restart winmx you will have to find them again, or if they are on secondary and their connection refreshes you'll have to find them again... a chat room is the best way to do it

beobee746

experiment that works!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 02:02:11 am »
i did an experiment that will help stay in contact and find users in winmx,, i made an mp3 and put it in my folder as your
               username0000 - dont D/L ID only.mp3
  it was only a few seconds long w/nothing on it "BUT" this works as to find users almost instantly if they are inline, even if servers reset themself's,, i tried this with a few other users and it works faster than doing a music search to find them ,, it will make it easier to stay in contact with ppl you have met on wimmx, and it also takes you right to their folder, no waiting , no pain in the (U KNOW)  it works better than the winmx chat,, its a 1 to 1 search for that person ,, not their mp3's,, anyone willing to try this will beable to contact eachother anytime their online in winmx,, tell me what ya think of this idea ,, i find it simple to do  thanks

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  staying in contact with other users

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx