gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 03:19:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Why not google?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why not google?  (Read 1556 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Why not google?
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:12:06 pm »
I have written this twice somewhere or the other, didn't get replies on that point for long time. No harm done :) . Now to the point. Is there anyway to get this site's name in the top ten results of google whaen you search for 'winmx'. I came to know of the patch and this site from wikipedia. Many people, old and new must be searching for some place where they can get their beloved winmx back. Putting this sit on the top ten of google will shift the number of new registerations in this site, one decimal to the right. I think all of us would like that. Both for winmx and this site. Mabye i missed this site, i don't know but i couldn't spot this site's hit (there must be many) in the top fifty. Mabye it's improved now, i don't know. But it's not in the to ten. That's for sure.

I just checked this as I was writing this post. Wiki was the first hit. then 8 i think was vladd, then suprisingly, there was that archive page of winmx on oldarchive.com or something like that. Then there was www.portforward.com/cportsnotes/winmx/winmx.htm the 55th result.

But nowhere was winmxworld or winmxgroup. I do't know of you have to pay money to google to get your pages on the top ten (Hope not. REALLY hope not. I read this is a small article in a newspaper here. But mostly it is bullshit like many other things about computer they write about)

Nothing in all those results (i didn't open all of them A few random ones, about five) None of them mentioned anything about fake files or from where you can download them (Except ofcourse valdd and of course but indirectly wikipedia.)

I chose this site because, at that time, i was reluctant to mess around with the windows directory. So i let this site do the hard work ( :oops: ) and me do the easy work of using winmx. :wink:

Many people will , at least i hope they will , share my opinion of this site. So ...... can it be done ????
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

Re: Why not google?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 05:27:02 am »
unfortunately there are a lot of things that google takes in to account for search result ranking, we have tried a few things and got varying results, however google also has "spam filters" of sorts, if you try anything too obviously aimed at purely trying to manipulate the results to get to the top then they count it against you, so it is a fine balancing act to try and get right (and btw i think i did trigger the spam filter, as the results listing suddenly dropped after a change - and did not recover properly... lol)

there are some people who are experts at manipulating the results to get sites at the top of search results for various search terms, and they make a nice living off of doing just that... because they charge a lot for it, everyone else has to just stick to a few basic things and hope they don't upset google, lol

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:25:56 am »
Could it be because that the word 'winmx' is mentioned in this site so many times that it triggers the spam filter?
Patch link :

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 12:31:59 pm »
I dont see anything changing that  :lol:

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 04:19:31 pm »

:lol:

:P That is obivious.  :D But is there a way to get around, and the answer ? does it or does it not?
Patch link :

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Why not google?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx