gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:29:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Tutorials for new users.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tutorials for new users.  (Read 2047 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Tutorials for new users.
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:19:14 am »
Most people who post here have problems that are quite common. Can we add some basic tutorials as to how to counter some of the most common ones?

Some of them could be :

1> How to share files.
2> How to strengthen the network by using Peer Guardain or Sherwood
3> Mabye a list of  useful third party programs avaiable in this site. Not all of them, but the most common ones like some chat servers and upload managers. I know of these two, there are more, which can be added.
4> Places where people can find help. Like the Winmxworld chatroom or this site.

If not along with the installation files, we could have links to these at the www.winmxgroup.com site itself. Not the whole page like www.winmxworld.com but in brief for novices.
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: Tutorials for new users.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:40:12 am »
Most of those are on the main website, I suppose we could post some sticky threads with links to them, but users till post even for those where there are such links... still the personal approach is good
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 05:15:26 am »
My idea was to have all this basic stuff along with the patch, where it is clearly mentioned and easily downloadable, rather than have a link to some place where you can take it.
Patch link :

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 06:03:13 am »
Perhaps in a later version of the dll / patch installer  KM could have https://www.winmx.com/v353/help/index.html etc. redirect to  https://www.winmxworld.com/help/ or the tutorials page too, so the "Online Help" in WinMX itself sorta worked... onto the "One day, maybe" list KM?

* Bearded Blunder wonders how many would have ended up on this site from winmx's help button if the winmxgroup patch did that

KM

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 06:11:08 am »
actually, it's on the "done yesterday" list :-)

although i redirected it to the winmxworld home page rather than the help section, as it's erm... more helpful

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:33:52 am »
LOL, no doubt you covered the different winmx versions too.. being ahead of me, since they address URLs that are version specific in the actual program (though probably useful only to NEW users.. old hands are used to that button only EVER reaching "under construction" even when frontcode ran the show)

Offline Cerebral

• Forum Member
  • use the brain
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 11:08:53 pm »
isnt there already tutorials on winmxworld?
open source all the way

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 05:39:25 am »
I was talking about www.winmxgroup.com, from where you can download the patch and winmx. You have it on www.winmxworld.com. I was asking if it was possible to have it on www.winmxgroup.com next to the patch rather than www.winmxworld.com so that new users won't get confused. But the existing system is quite good and as BB said, answering people's doubts personally will make people more comfertable when they use Km's patch (seeing that he is a total stranger to them and this can be an issue with some people) When people see that he is freely approachable with their doubts and that he doesn't get irked very easily :P Their fears can be assuaged.
Anyway, when you click 'get help', you get a very nice tutorial section. So no problem.
Patch link :

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 08:01:27 am »
Well the winmxgroup site already links nicely to this site by the "Get Help" link at the top, I'm unsure how much can be done to make it easier, although I'm completely in favour of anything that improves a new user's experience with WinMX

KM

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 03:21:48 pm »
for the help links it all redirects to winmxworld, for the simple fact of winmxworld already having everything on it, so no point doing it all over again :-)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Tutorials for new users.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx