gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:14:39 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  WCS Logger 2.2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS Logger 2.2  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
WCS Logger 2.2
« on: June 05, 2006, 01:31:06 am »
This is a total rewrite of the program in .NET. The new version features things like you can now log two rooms at once and choose which rooms you actually do want to log. You can also choose what types of things you want the logger to put in the log file too. Like if you wanted it to just log commands and logins just uncheck everything except those two and hit apply settings and it will only add those two things to the log file!

Main Features:
- Easily log your WCS Chat room with a click of a button
- Log Up to 2 rooms at the same time
- Choose which rooms to log
- Hide WCS Logger in the Tray
- Choose What Type of things to log. Like you can choose to only Log Normal Messages, and Logins or whatever combination you want.
- Choose to show or remove all color codes from log
- Choose to show the type of log entry before the line in the log
- Choose if you want it to start a new log every day or just keep the same one
- Checks the last 20 lines in the WCS window so it doesn't miss one single line unlike the old version 1.0.7 did

This version also features 00 CPU 99% of the time both while logging 1 or 2 rooms!

https://www.winmxunlimited.net/programs/wcs-logger/index.html

Version 2.2 does NOT check for updates.
- Josh

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: WCS Logger 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:20:27 pm »
Josh you have been adding the fixed update check for a year now and your programs are not doing anything that could harm the WPN, what about making the update optional ?

I know a whole heap of folks who dont like stuff that connects to the web as you go to use it.

Anyway I am pleased your still building and improving your tools and once again thank you on behalf of the Community, cheers Josh  8)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
Re: WCS Logger 2.1
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:13:52 pm »
It doesn't check for updates now.
- Josh

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 07:57:08 am »
It doesn't check for updates now.

:D  thanks for that change  :D  ^5

I selected use the same log for testing - no daily change yet

It seems that it starts a new log anyway on each start.  It does not resume with the 'same log'

I had v2.1 running for about an hour, and it was using avg 10% CPU over that time period, double what i observed while testing v2.0.

I peeked the log files and saw it was double posting:

[LOGIN] 02:17:12 [C6] <me2> /login ***
[NORMAL] 02:42:49 [C0] <me_38148> testing 123 456 789 :)
[RENAME] 02:52:58 [C3] Rename from {XA}***_51280 to {XA}***_18395

I has 2 log files with only those same 5 lines.

i stopped the logger and restarted, to see if it would resume from the existing log file.  It didn't as i noted above.  It started a new timestamped log file.

It has been running 90 minutes now, the CPUsage has averaged 4.54% over that uptime.  The new log file begins with:

the same lines of the prior file, but not repeated this time.  then there are several additional lines also normal.

So the CPUsage has returned to a more tolerable level and the double posting has stopped.

I notice the panel blinks [updates?] each couple seconds.  Would it be possible to make that update interval timer user-settable?  maybe if it updated only each 5 to 10 seconds it would use less CPU also.

I like it.  I didn't like the idea of having to install .NET - that took a couple hours.  I never saw a program take so much time to install.  ying yang i guess.  This version does seem to address the problems i related about the prior version, again, thanks for eliminating that phonehome on startup.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 10:58:41 pm »
Version 2.2 is now avaliable.

- Fix's bug that doesn't erase the log when it strikes 12:00 AM and your setting is on create a  new log for each day.
- Fix's the double post bug.

As for the flickering, it updats every 5 seconds or so. The same time at which the logger reads the wcs window.

The option to use the same log file is not what you think it is. It will not read the old log file you made 5 days ago it will start a new one on every opening and if you choose to use the same log file it wont erase the log data at 12:00 AM and it wont create a new log at 12:00 AM it will just keep going. But if you choose to create a new log file each day it will create a new file at 12:00AM and clear the log data.

The reason that it still gets the last few lines of the old log is because it reads the last 20 lines of the wcs window. Then it searches for the last line in that 20 it added to the log last so then it adds every log after that single line to the log. That explains why it catches the last few lines of the last log.

Check up at the top post for version 2.2
- Josh

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 11:14:02 pm »
The option to use the same log file is not what you think it is. It will not read the old log file you made 5 days ago it will start a new one on every opening and if you choose to use the same log file it wont erase the log data at 12:00 AM and it wont create a new log at 12:00 AM it will just keep going. But if you choose to create a new log file each day it will create a new file at 12:00AM and clear the log data.

It erases the log at midnight?  why?

If I check in at 12:30, I have nothing to review.  I don't think the logs should be erased at all.  Why not just start a new one at midnight?  and leave the old one there.

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Re: WCS Logger 2.2
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 11:42:14 pm »
I just installed v2.2
its still printing double lines, but with a twist... to 2 files at the same time.  They are timestamped 1 minute apart.  both files are being updated at each cycle.

v2.2 = 2 lines & 2 files :)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 11:52:55 pm »
its working just fine for me

running on two different computers.

One cOmputer - 1 room - big room - no double

2nd Computer - 2 rooms - big rooms - no double
- Josh

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 01:08:58 am »
working fine for me too, now..

i killed it to try some ideas, but when i restarted it, it was working as expected, 1 file and 1 line per event.

before that, I had my subdirectory sorted by date/time, with the newest files at the top.  at each cycle, the live files would drop to the bottom, first one, then the other.  over and over both files would be updated.. i just checked back and they have the exact same lines logged.

i don't know... i guess i have a way with things :)

but since i restarted the logger after my last report, the demon has been exorcised.

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 04:08:01 am »
:-)  Maybe it was just cuz it is 6-6-6 :P
- Josh

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  WCS Logger 2.2

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx