gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 05:18:33 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  PRIMARY / SECONDARY CONNECTIONS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PRIMARY / SECONDARY CONNECTIONS  (Read 4989 times)

Offline markmather

• Forum Member
PRIMARY / SECONDARY CONNECTIONS
« on: June 09, 2006, 10:38:37 pm »
HI THERE, TWO QUESTIONS FOR YOU. (1) - Now I have changed to Primary my top bar says P=5 S=12 SPM=1105 Is this correct?
(2) I have downloaded 3.0 and installed but it keeps the red bar at the top telling me to install 3.0 (I was on 3.54 before so why has it gone back to 3.0)
Please enlighten me with the world of your knowledge
Thanks.
Mark - UK

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: PRIMARY / SECONDARY CONNECTIONS
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:21:41 pm »
P=5 S=12 SPM=1105  would indicate a working primary, the spm figure will vary considerably

3.0 is the patch version, 3.54 is the winmx version, it hasn't "gone back" it simply refers to something else

provided you actually have installed 3.0, with winmx shut down, the update bar should sort itself out
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:20:46 am »
Isin't spm 1105 a bit low? Is that the effect of the patch (blocking flooders = lower spm) ?

Not a bad thing if so....
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:57:33 am »
1105 is a bit low, but 5 mins later it's probably 10 times that.. it varies WILDLY (at least on my system)
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline markmather

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:03:43 pm »
my S number keeps changing at the moment it is only on 1 (P=8, S=1 SPM=10874)
is this too low or is it ok providing something is there even if it is only 1 ??

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 12:50:01 pm »
It's ok even if only 1 is there. More is just as good as 1
Patch link :

Offline markmather

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 03:29:00 pm »
thanks

sunripened peach

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 06:17:02 pm »
Trying to make a primary connection work.  This is what the top bar is showing - P=8 S=0.  All of the ports on router and winmx match.  Norton worm disabled and windows firewall is set to allow communication through specified ports.  Right now I can't get any secondary connections and searches are very erratic.  Using Peer guardian 2 with mxmonitor and latest pie patch. 
Any Ideas?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 06:45:43 pm »
Hi sunripened peach,

Yes the best thing to do is change patches.. Hosts file require updates and in the latest pie patch 2.9 all the ips are no longer working.

You can get a fix here that will never have that trouble.

www.winmxgroup.com/

Download it
Shut down MX
Install
Restart MX

sunripened peach

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 04:38:07 pm »
Hi "Me Here",

Thanks for the walk through and the patch location.  I did all of the above and this is what I've come up with:  P=9 S=0 spm9059.

Every upload that someone tries from me times out.  I tried running a search for the "Beatles" and here is what I came up with during as 60 second search:  Primary connection = 43 results.  Switched to secondary and came up up 753 results.  Any ideas with whats up?

I'm using:
3.54 Beta 4 with the patch (showing operational)
PG2 with winmx world lists
mxmonitor 1.28b

Ports:
TCP = 6699
UDP = 6257

allocated bandwidth: 9 out and 13.5 in

Sorry to be so much a bother but I'm trying to support the network as a primary, but I'm not having any luck with the secondary connections and my downloads are non-esistant right now.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 06:38:20 pm »
You don't need to use Peer Guardian when you use the patch. So close Peer Guardian and try again.

One more thing.... delete all the incomplete files that you have that have never had any bits downloaded. Those are fake files and could intefere with the proper working of winmx.
Do tell what happened

Cheers :)
Patch link :

KM

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 06:44:14 pm »
uploads timing out could indicate an issue with port forwardings... did you use non standard ports before? if so make sure winmx is set to what you were using before - it also may be useful if you have a software firewall on your computer to delete any existing rules for winmx and allow it to prompt to allow it again, sometimes they will detect the change to the file and automatically start blocking

sunripened peach

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 07:07:44 pm »
Well,

I followed all the advice and whammooo.... nothing.  This doesn't make any sense.  Waited for 5 minutes now and still P=0 S=0 SPM=1.  Switched over to secondary and connected in about 10 seconds.  I have been using the standard port numbers - should I try some other ones?

KM

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:22 pm »
P=0?? you aren't connecting at all? that would indicate no inbound UDP at all even in reply to outbound... (most routers will sort that out automatically)

think it might be useful for you to try out help room WinMxWorld.com Help_E3D7EFD50D3D and see if someone can help (although we are a little busy with the whole pie failure thing, but most of that is being directed to a different help room so the main one should be OK)

sunripened peach

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 07:35:00 pm »
Something new

found a post about slow downloads by "me here" back in january.  Suggested that setting tcp and udp values to 1720 and 3339 would help in that situation.  Tried it to this situation and nothing.  just started playing with the connections and set my peer network to North America (I'm in South America), switched in on and  P=7 S=0 (still) SPM=21578 in 20 seconds.  If I'm not getting secondary connections to me still what would cause that?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 07:46:50 pm »
One thing,  try to downlaod new files and see if these new files go freen, if they do so, then you are fine, if they do not, then you are not ;)
Also the same to your uploads, do they all still timeout, or do atleast some of them go green.

S=0....
It can take some time for you to get to some secondary users to get connected to you, If it stays 0 for an hour or so, then you have a problem.

Just one suggestion. Disable your windows firewall and use the norton one, allow winmx on that and try. Windows odes not seem to like winmx that much :)
do tell what happened

Cheers :)
Patch link :

sunripened peach

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 08:37:48 pm »
all of my uploads are timing out

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 09:12:20 pm »
sunripened peach,

Check your firewall on XP has not enabled itself if its the only one your use be sure to follow the instructions here to set it up:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

Also make sure if you have a dsl modem or a router that has NAT capabilities that you look here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

sunripened peach

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 09:49:24 pm »
Hey me here,

I've already opened the ports on both the windows firewall and the router.  I'm using a wireless router with a dsl modem.  The router is configured correctly as per your instructions. Everything looks right and I can connect.  I get P=9 S=0 PSM=21575.  But whenever someone tries to download something from me, they always time out.  I'm not having any problems getting files, just sharing.
 I thought to set the ports in the dsl modem, but after following the instructions on Port Forwarding, I came to a dead end when I tried to access the modem.  The ip address given for the modem sends me to "cannot find server" page.  I think I should just cling to the network on secondary connections the way I've done for the last 4 years.  Bleehhh.

sunripened peach

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 09:58:48 pm »
I think that I should also mention that any file searches while connected as a primary are severly reduced.  Example: Beatles search on Primary returned 85 hits just now for a sixty second search.  Same search under Secondary connection returned 716.  What's up with that?  Still have the udp and tcp settings on while running a secodary connection.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  PRIMARY / SECONDARY CONNECTIONS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx