gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 10:11:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  mxmonitor and winmx 3.54 wont work together.can it be fixed?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mxmonitor and winmx 3.54 wont work together.can it be fixed?  (Read 13952 times)

{IIILGSB}ADMIN_§cì_Fî_697

seems like no matter what i do, i cant get winmx 3.54 and mxmonitor to run together...i can get mxmonitor to start winmx 3.54 when i start it, but it never does find transfer....i had to go back to ver. 3.53 after about 2hours of trying.. :? ..can u help?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
mxmonitor and winmx 3.54 wont work together.can it be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 08:27:12 pm »
{IIILGSB}ADMIN_§cì_Fî_697 I just today started using WinMX 3.54 beta 4 when I read your problem.

I dont use MxMonitor on regular basis but decided to have a go to see if I had any troubles.

Its working great so there are two reasons for it not to want you connect that I can think of..

First make sure the Moni can find the WinMX 3.54 exe file, to do this go to the 'top' setting button and choose WinMX Path Setup.. be sure it is finding your new exe file.

Second make sure under Enviromental Settings that you have it set to
Start monitoring when MxMonitor is started.
Start WinMX when MxMoni is started.
Close MxMoni when WinMX is terminated.

Then restart the whole program... if your still haveing troubles let me know.

Happy WinMXing..

{IIILGSB}ADMIN_§cì_Fî_697

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 07:53:35 pm »
that really helped me out TYVM :D

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 03:36:24 am »
:D

Robindesfois

mx monitor
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 12:58:39 am »
The problem is that mxmonitor doesn't start the guy you dl from.
I have tried with different versions of winmx, doesn't works. may be it s
windows xp 2?
any clue?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 01:14:29 am »
Well I dont use MX Moni to trade but that funcion is available, and it works fine on my xp system ...

have a look at the tutorials page for settings that might need to be changed to get auto starts for people your uploading from ..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/mxmoni.html

Soccratees

Re: mxmonitor and winmx 3.54 wont work together.can it be fixed?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 09:52:51 pm »
I tried making MxMonitor work with WinMX v3.54 by placing them in the same Folder - MXM just sits there and says "start monitoring". The environmental settings are as suggested and restarting the whole programme did nothing to change matters.  I tried WinMx first before starting MXM and when that failed, started MXM first - again no joy.  WinMx works by itself but there is no control without MXM.   Leechhammer does a good job of getting rid of leeches, but doesn't Auto-trade when a match is found. Can someone help a Newbie ? :?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 12:40:25 am »
Which version of MxM are you using? To be certain you're up to date, try This one

Have a look at the tutorial: Here

I seem to remember it likes having it's own folder, rather than living with WinMX, mine certainly is it it's own, I can't remember if that's required or not, but i have a vague recollection it may be, my MxM has been installed a long time :lol:

I'd recommend you use MxM or Leech as a "one or the other" type thing, it is possible to have both running, but it tends to cause problems, in case that's what's happening.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 10:50:43 am »
The main problem we see with folks that have MXMoni not fuctioning is the File Path to WinMX.exe.  Be sure when you look over that tutorial to pay particular attention to that setting.

Top Settings > WinMX Path Setup

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 04:36:30 am »
MxMonitor does like to live by itself. Instal it in it's own folder.

Auto-trading works well for me using the following settings as I've shown in the attached pic.

I use it with winmx 3.54b4 OS 98se initially and now Win 2k Pro sp4 with no issues as long as the path to winmx.exe is set correctly. If no .dll jack implant occurs then the path is incorrect.
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Soccratees

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 05:30:06 am »
How do I get a d/l of a version of WinMx that works with Mx Monitor. I am using v3.54 beta 4  - I tried to get the updated MXM to work without success.  The Forum seems to suggest an earlier version of WinMx would work. :?

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 06:42:35 am »
What version of MxMonitor are you using ? I have Monitor version 1.28Eb - which werks well with 3.54 beta 4.
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 09:55:46 am »
Soccratees I suggest first you check the WinMX path setup as shown in the images below, as it is the commonest place an error stops MxM working, make sure you actually see WinMX.exe in the window when you browse:
If that isn't successful at resolving the problem then please visit our tutorial here
This has both a download link for the program & a guide you can use to check over your settings.

Soccratees

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 05:31:39 am »
I carefully followed your directions, downloaded MXM 1.28Eb, followed the tutorial and made sure there were no errors.  Still it sticks at "Start monitoring" and will not proceed further.  The only thing I wonder is if by putting WinMx in a folder E:\J3\WinMX.exe and MxMonitor in an adjacent folder E:\J4\MxMonitor I have done something wrong. Should they both be in the same folder?  Is it because they are not under C:\Program Files\,,,,,,, ?  Sorry to be so naive ! Thanks for your patience and help. :?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 05:48:07 am »
As long as your full path on that WinMX Path Setup says:

E:\J3\WinMX.exe

And this IS where your WinMX.exe file lies.. in the J3 folder then it should work fine? 

Which patch do you have atm Soccratees?

Soccratees

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 04:14:45 pm »
Not sure what you mean - "patch" ?   What am I missing? Thx.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 04:54:34 pm »
By Patch I mean how is your WinMX patched?  the original beta version of the 3.1 effected Moni at times however was fixed quickly.

Make sure you have the lated patch from here:

www.winmxgroup.com/

Soccratees

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 05:57:57 am »
In a previous reply I thought I had confirmed that the version is 3.54 beta 4. I am thoroughly fed up trying, having done all that has been suggested and checking carefully the paths to WinMX and MxMonitor.         It still will not implant the jack and function as it used to before with V3,1  Thanks, but as I am totally disillusioned I will terminate this effort - thx. for your help. :(

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 09:26:28 am »
3.54 is your WinMX version, you were bing asked your PATCH version, install 1.9 2.? 3.? or pie ?.?
we aren't psychic & it can make a difference.. have you considered leechammer instead?

Soccratees

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 04:52:43 pm »
Sorry, I d/l'd  the version direct from winmx world and would not know how to find the "patch" version.
Good news I did a 'Search' and discovered another copy of WinMX in a folder in C: drive. This is working just fine with MXM and by moving things back to C: and deleting the spare version, my problem is solved. Many many thanks for your kind help. :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  mxmonitor and winmx 3.54 wont work together.can it be fixed?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx